Anybody have a good cleaning item for hardwood floors??

busywend

Thank you all for your suggestions!

I purchased a Mr Clean hardwood floor duster/mop. It has the fingers on one side and appears to be microfiber on the other side. I am also bringing the vacuum. I think the dust that is there now from the painting will require vacuuming. I will end up using the little attachment as I do not want to puch the heavy thing across the floor. Going to keep looking for a stick vac that is light weight and soft on the bottom so I do not scratch while vacuuming.

I wish there was less stuff to put in the house! We are combining 2 homes so we have plenty to fill it with. But, we are selling off a bunch of stuff, too. So, I hope the rooms end up easy to clean and not too full! LOL!

nvts

That's It! That's the mop "thingy" (always using technical terms here!) that I've got! I love it - it does a beautiful job, and you just pull the sides off, throw them in the wash (no softener) and stick 'em back on.

Beth

tiredmommy

Here's what I do for our 50+ year old wood floors: I dust mop once or twice a week and vacuum once a week so I can catch dust under the furniture and around the perimeter. I use a soft rag with vinegar and water on my hands and knees once every two to three weeks (Just wiping, not scrubbing, could probably use a mop). Then, I give them a thorough cleaning once a quarter with Murphy's. I probably clean my floors more than most because of my super shedding kitty.

Ephchap

I have very dark, wide plank wood floors and with a dog and a cat, yikes. We do vacuum up the hair and then I use something I bought at Bed, Bath and Beyond called BONA. It came with a mop type thing (soft cloth on the bottom) and the bottle of Bona floor cleaner stays attached to it (it hangs upside down into a slot). As you mop, you can pull the squirter thingie and a mist of the wood floor cleaner comes out. It really does a nice job. I've recommended it to a lot of folks and they have liked the results too.

Deb