Anybody read For Better or for Worse? (comic)

Mattsmom277

The creator of For better or for worse is a woman local to me. Her husband is a dentist. (He had to leave their posh new years eve party, arrived to meet me at his office late evening, wearing his tux, to extract my broken off wisdom tooth, and was awesome about it lol) They are pretty involved in our community.

Anyhow, my cousins g/f (well they just broke up) is the web designer for the comics website. I just ordered my easy child a Farley dog toy (Farley is the dog in the comic) and a collectors book. Lynn, the creator of the comic, is going to write a nice personal message to my easy child to encourage her to keep up with her writing, her illustrating and her art classes. easy child has said since she was very little that she wants to write and illustrate childrens books. Given my insane reading level and that her dad owns a book shop (and brings in all kinds of authors for events and easy child gets to go out for welcome dinners and mee the authors and illustrators) I don't know that easy child will give up on this like other kids do as they get older. One never knows!!

Just wanted to say I'm totally psyched to be able to give her the book and see what gets written to her. I love that this might inspire her to keep pursuing her dreams!!!!!!

witzend

We Love FBofW. The story of "Farley" and "Barkley" still brings tears to my eyes! She wrote a wonderful book to celebrate her 25th year writing the strip called "Suddenly Silver". It's wonderful that she will write something for your difficult child. I know that I would treasure it forever!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
That's one of my fav comic strips! Well, back when they used to have it in our paper. I stopped getting the paper when they stopped having it in the comic section. lol I only like the funnies. Local news doesn't amount to much more than social stuff most of the time. lol

susiestar

Roll With It
That is one of the most awesome comics EVER! Your easy child has great opportunities here and I am sure she will take advantage of them. Save her school stories, etc... Someday later they might come in handy.

Marguerite

husband introduced me to that comic strip. It gets syndicated over here in a major Sydney newspaper. We love it! It's cool that she's someone you know, who is going to write a personalised message.

Definitely worth treasuring!

Marg

trinityroyal

Mattsmom, that's great! I started reading FBorFW when I was a little girl and have always loved it. I've always thought that Lynn Johnson seemed like a genuinely nice person from interviews I've seen on telly. I'm so glad to hear that I wasn't mistaken. What a wonderful inspiration for your easy child.

bby31288

What I love about it, is how the children have all aged appropriately! The youngest one was "born" right around the time that my neice was born. She has grown up almost as exactly as my neice with regards to walking, toddler years, teenage years! I love that strip!

Mattsmom277

I figured there would be some fans here :) I love the comic as well! And yes, all I've ever heard of Lynn is wonderful things. She is well thought of in these parts.

Her husband is a doll too. He runs his practice in a gorgeous cabin looking house. There are oversized large pictures by Lynn and framed comic original prints everywhere. Its a stunning house/office.

For those who no longer get the strip in their local papers, their website carries the strip :). And anybody can get a signed book for very low prices on the website as well. She signs all books. I'm just lucky to know someone in the know in order to get a more personalized message lol.

Marg's Man

Funnily enough I discovered the comic through a train friend several years ago. If you know Lynn then you will know that there is an occasional model train storyline. I liked it and bookmarked the daily comic and read it every day.

It wasn't until our Sunday paper started running it (the Sunday strip only - boo hiss) that Marg became a fan.

Marg's Man

donna723

It's my all-time favorite comic strip! That's what I always liked about it too, that they have aged as it goes along and we've been able to watch the characters grow up. Actually, I think she ended the new ones and they are now starting all over with from the beginning. When it ended, Michael was married and had two children and Elizabeth was getting married. Now it's started over and Michael is a little boy again and Elizabeth is a toddler - April isn't born yet. And I'm liking it just as much the second time around!

Mattsmom277

Very psyched!! Got a message from Steph that Lynn has signed/written in easy child's book and left it behind in her studio (she's leaving country for a few weeks) for Steph to pick up for me :)

I can't wait to give it to easy child! I'm going to have to sit on my hands to withhold it until June when I'm meant to gift it to easy child lol.