Anyone else have a sick kid who does this?

susiestar

Roll With It
I am very very frustrated right now. Jess seems to go from one illness to another, very quickly. We are waiting on a therapist, I keep calling. But it just amazes me.

First, the docs don't seem to care to find out what caused the bowel problems. the pediatrician gastro cancelled the appointment because they heard that she was cleaned out.

There are a couple of bugs going around. thank you is home with one of them.

Jess is sitting in the recliner, coughing, throat hurts. She says she is trying not to cry because then she can't breathe and she panics.

I have given her tea, juice, offered lunch. She will feel better if she does a steam treatment,but will she???? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo!!

Apparently I was not jumping to do her bidding yesterday, so today she is acting as pitiful as she can.

Yesterday was not this bad, but when her dad got home and was watching TV with her before bedtime, she was laughing and yelling and happy. No sign of sore throat then, or this other stuff.

Thanks for lettingme vent. I am just going bonkers with the Miss Pitiful bit.

Susie

dreamer

My oldest is extremely doctor phobic, stops breathing, breaks out in hives just driving near the docs office, even when she does not have an appointment.
When she is ill, she gets extra whiney and extra clingy, but refuses to do ANYTHING that might help. She also alternates between seeming to not be so sick to being at "deaths door" but, I know even me, I can feel horrid and feel semi ok back and forth, and sometimes I can make a fair go of "faking" my way thru, hoping if I act like I feel ok, maybe I will?
I also get that garbage of "oh the immediate problem has resolved, OK, fine, we will cancel future appts" GRR.I HATE that so much! I am not sure what the deal is with that, like you said, doesn't anyone want to help us find out WHY something happened? (as we live with fear it will happen again unless we find the cause)

When my difficult child gets to be more than I can cope with, I quietly go hide elsewhere in the house and quietly lock my door or find a sudden need to go to the store. I do understand that for many here, that is NOT a possibility, tho. (It wasn't for me, either until just very very recently)

Hang in there!

Josie

My daughter, home from school for months now, is not the best patient either. You would think she would be happy I am taking her to so many doctors to find out what is wrong but she complains about it. Getting her to take her medicine is a chore, too.

I'm also very disappointed in the medical system. What is up with them cancelling your appointment? Aren't you allowed to say you want to have her seen? Although they probably won't have any answers since they think the problem is solved. In our case, my daughter was home for months complaining about headaches and no one really seemed to care to find out why or to do something to help. I finally had to figure it out on my own, with some help from this board, by internet research.

I also had to figure out her gluten intolerance on my own, too. The doctors still refuse to say that is a problem for her.

You might need to figure out the cause of her bowel problems on your own.

I hope she gets better soon.

Jena

hi

sorry i'm jumping onto this one late. your responses to my downward spiral are always so quick and amazingly helpful....

im sorry that you are having rough time, by the way my rin does that too if it's not one ailment it's another. ranging from common cold, to she thinks shes having heart attack today is poison ivy because she has an itch. one of other kids had earache amazingly she caught that too.....lol.....u can't catch those. migraine, strep, and the list goes on and on that's the Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) in her she can't bare to be near anyone that has any type of sickness at all she flips out my little germphobic. and yup it's also an attention getter.

i find that when she does this i dont play into it that much at all. i did initially but then it just spirals into another illness doesn't really feed her "me" need. so now she has her own thermometer in her room of which she can take her own temp. after last night with her very racey heart rate and doctor's today ill be gettnig her her own thing to test that too. she's like a little doctors office in her room lol oh sheesh so not funny but ya gotta do what ya gotta do. oh she's also faked broken bones....she actually had two real broken bones arm and wrist this past summer

hope your feeling better

Jen :)

Jena

oh and just realized what you said ok you know me i bounce all over place bowel issues maybe she's lactose intolerant just a thought. my older one is took me while to actually put 2 and 2 together shes my easy kid. everytime she had any diary products she was a mess

good luck let us know what happens
jen

Lothlorien

yes, Miss definitely does that.....all moans and groans when it suits her, but when distracted, suddenly she's miraculously cured. Unless. of course, when she's feverish. Then she's just plain miserable. But part of the problem, with her being so young, that as soon as the fever breaks and she's feeling a little better, she's jumping around like a nut and she's saying she feels fine, so why can't she go to the neighbor's house. An hour later, the fever will spike to 102.