Anyone else here addicted to this

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by hearthope, Feb 21, 2007.

1. hearthope

hearthope New Member

I don't have internet at the shop..

I have caught myself leaving early to be able to check in before I have to get easy child to practice.

I have rearranged my schedule many times to be able to post and read responses.

I wonder if you guys feel the same way?

I get a craving for the site when I am away and can't access it
  2. Wiped Out

Wiped Out Well-Known Member Staff Member

I think I am addicted-it's such a supportive place to be. :smile:
  3. timer lady

timer lady Queen of Hearts

For me, it comes in waves. There are times I feel that I couldn't live with-o checking in; other times I hate the fact that I feel so at home here. (No offense intended)

However, I appreciate all the friends & support I've garnered here & hope I give the same on a daily basis.
  4. donna723

donna723 Well-Known Member

I get up a half hour earlier than I would need to so I have time to check in and see how everybody is doing!

Addicted? Not me!

5. SunnyFlorida

SunnyFlorida Active Member

I know I was addicted for about 3yrs. I haven't posted as much lately but I know if I need an answer or need support, this is where I go. :smile:
  6. amy4129

amy4129 New Member

I'm more like TL in that I need to visit the site in waves it seems to depend on what is going on with the boys.

Love you all but no way am I getting up a second before I have to!! :smile:
  7. dreamer

dreamer New Member

yeah, I have always since internet gotten up extra early before the mad dash to school etc to check in.....and yes, I stay up a tad late, too.....<sigh>
  8. totoro

totoro Mom? What's a GFG?

yes, I feel a tad bit dependant on you guy's... big hugs... I love the reality checks, the support, the honesty, the friendship i think I have found here.

9. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Hmmmmmmm addicted you ask???

Well let's see, I think T was about 13 when I found the board. And he'll be 21 soon. That's what? About 8 yrs. :smile:

What do you think?

:rofl: :rofl:
  10. kris

kris New Member

i registered seven years ago in march. at the time this was a lifeline.

i haven't *needed* the board for years. yet i'm still checking in just about daily. not posting as much as i used to, but still here.

YOU be the judge lol.

11. hearts and roses

hearts and roses Mind Reader

I think I may have an overall interenet addiction...I have about 5 boards that I check in on all day, this being one of them.

Definitely a lifeline for me and I've made a couple of friends as well. :angel:
  12. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

Hmmm...I have no kids young enough to be on the board anymore yet I still log in

Hi my name is Janet and Im a conductdisorders Junkie.

I have thought about leaving but cant figure out where I would go.
  13. KFld

KFld New Member

I check in constantly during the day when I'm at work. Don't get on the computer as much at home. Nice job huh???
    I find if I come on, like yesterday when it said the site was suspended for a short time, I kind of panic. I love to be able to come here and visit among people who know so much about my life.

I used to belong to a few boards, but I have found I am most comfortable here and there is one other one I check every once in a blue moon, but I don't know anyone there anymore.
  14. KFld

KFld New Member

By the way Janet, don't you dare think of leaving us!! We would be lost without you.
  15. Hound dog

Hound dog Nana's are Beautiful

Janet if you leave we may just have to hunt you down. And I'd be at the head of the search party. :wink:
  16. amstrong

amstrong New Member

Yup! I visit everyday at least once!
  17. hearthope

hearthope New Member

:smile:Glad to know I am not the only one!!

I thought about adding internet to the shop, but I was scared I wouldn't be able to walk away from the computer.

See it's 2:00 in the afternoon and I am at home on the computer!!!
  18. JJJ

JJJ Active Member

19. Marguerite

Marguerite Active Member

husband teases me about being a CD junkie. But he's always lurking too, to see what I've been saying. It actually works well for us (I've got to say that, I know he's lurking!)

Seriously though, I'm learning a lot from this site. When things were down while changeovers were made, I was edgy, wondering how everyone was getting on.

I check in when I can, but if I'm busy I might miss a day or so here or there. Now we're on broadband it's easier to walk away when I have to, but also easier to have a quick drop in.

20. SomewhereOutThere

SomewhereOutThere Well-Known Member

Nope, I'm not addicted. I can quit anytime I want to. I just don't want to :wink: