Anyone else interested in HI?

klmno

I really would feel more comfortable and actually be a lot more excited if another warrior mom and their difficult child was making this move with me (and probably my difficult child). LOL!

And I would love sharing a house so I could afford to live in a place like this: :D

I'm still trying to figure out what "MCBH" is- I see it listed a lot.

klmno

Nope- but you still might have to tolerate mine! Of course, someone could always walk to the beach for a time out! Did you see the photos at the bottom? The back yard looked pretty nice if a person isn't in the mood to make it as far as the beach!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ooooh Ooooh Pick me....me I know I know pick meeeee.

MCBH....that's an easy one.....

Men
Cant
Be
Here

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I was born in Hawaii. Aiea. At the Aiea Naval Shipyard (now long gone). Mom told me it cost them $25.00 for me to be born. :rofl:

I'd love to join you. I'm difficult child-free..............but I'm not sure I could live without my dogs for 6 months. Do they still have that quarantine period?

Oh WAIT! I'm going to be a Mimi in April. I'm sorry. I'll be with you in spirit.

Hugs,
Suz

klmno

MCBH....that's an easy one.....

Men
Cant
Be
Here

:rofl:

That works for me! Starbie, of course you are welcome!! And Suz, you can visit ok?

Yes, they do still have the quarantine- actually the dogs have to wait 120 days after a blood test is submitted that shows them having a certain level of antibodies against rabies. I already have this underway and I'll find out next week if this blood test passed. My concern was that it was taken right before they were due for rabies vaccines so their antibodies might have been too low. But you are supposed to wait 2-3 weeks after the vaccine to give the blood test, so I got them the blood test then the vaccine. If this one doesn't pass, I'll take them in the next day for another blood test and that should do it. The way I have it planned, the dogs should actually be in quarantine a maximum of 8 weeks but I'm shooting for 5 or less.

M

ML

I'm so happy for you. This is an exciting chapter about to open up in your life.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'll come.....wait, the tweedles would probably have to tag along with me; I'm sure we can pack them in a trunk or something;)

What an exciting adventure for you. It's been years since I've moved cross country & I've never moved off the continental 48.

Congrats on your new job.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Well, I don't want to be so far from my family, however, we are kind of planning HI as a vacation destination at some point!

New adventure abounds! Enjoy this next chapter in your life~

Mattsmom277

Wow, thats a great looking home. Wish I could team up to rent it lol.

If you are serious about being able to handle a roommate in return for shared rent on a great house, this sounds like a great area in terms of location. Maybe you could post a free online ad looking for a single military female that would like to share rent? With 2 master suites, should make for lots of room.

I think that perhaps the initials stand for the local district hospital. Just my initial thoughts. Perhaps type in the city name and the initials in google. Should lead you to a answer.

I'm so excited for you for this adventure! I can tell its quite an undertaking, so much involved in getting you there. But something tells me the island is going to speak to some tranquility inside of you just dying to come out ;).

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
K--

Aren't you taking us ALL with you? I mean, I know you won't lose touch with the board....so in a way...we'll all still be there with you.

As to the initials, I can't figure out the MC--but I would assume that BH is "Beach House"--as in "vacation rental".

--DaisyFace

klmno

DF- that's right- I just looked it up and thought "Duh" after I had been thinking it could be a hospital, certain beach, etc.

I am thinking it might not be a bad idea to share a nicer, larger house with a military family. I wouldn't commit to it without going out there first but there are benefits. For one, difficult child will be a teen in high school - at the age where he's too old for a babysitter but too young and unprepared to actually stay by himself if I have to be gone over night or work a really long day a couple of ddays in a row. It might not be this way now with the war going on but when I was in (in peace time) there were a few divorced dads that had custody of teen sons and I could see something like that possibly working- not as a relationship but room mates only. I definitely think having some military men in the community will be a positive for difficult child.

But, yes, I'm sure I will still be on this board! LOL!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ummm...I cook, I clean and no man. PICK ME!!! Just one little slight problem - I'd have no job and no money.:mad:

Abbey

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Right now after my morning I am already packed.
Towel, bathing suit and flip flops...
Oh, and a little fancy umbrella for ma' cocktailzzzz'!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Ok, ladies. No fighting.

I'd go in a heartbeat.......but got to wait until school is out. lol Hmmm I bet there is a shortage of nurses there.......ok, I hope there is a shortage of nurses there. lol

But then both my girls would kill me as I told both of them that moving out of state is unfair to the grands who are sooooo close to their Nana they'd go thru some serious withdrawl.

So I'll just have to settle on saving up funds for when the board gathering goes to Hawaii. :D