Anyone ever tried accupunture for themselves?

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by TrishaBC, Jul 4, 2007.

1. TrishaBC

TrishaBC New Member

I have been in a slump for about a year now, where I am SO TIRED. I sleep every chance I get and never ever feel rested. I have been to the doctor several times and have been tested for all kinds of things. I eat healthy, take lots of vitamins, but I'm always so pooped out. I force myself to excerise but I just don't feel right. I am going on a holiday in Mid July and I want to feel good for it. So tonight I'm trying accupunture. It takes a few visits to get the effects, but I hope it works for me. Has anyone tried it? What did you think?

2. Steely

Steely Active Member

My sister swears by it. She has done it for years, and cannot go a week without 2 or 3 sessions. She says it has calmed her irritable bowel, relieved her migraines, and quelled her anxiety problems. We cannot go without a phone call (she lives 2000 miles away) including her acupuncturist and how he has helped. I say more power to ya! I hope it helps.

3. susiestar

susiestar Roll With It

I have gotten some help from acupuncture, but only fo rmuscle spasms and pain. But I didn't ask for help for the exhaustion. Give it a few sessions, it is painless and can't hurt.

Susie

4. stepmonster

stepmonster New Member

I had acupuncture after a car accident and it was helpful for my shoulder.
    Have you had your thyroid tested?

5. Martie

Martie Moderator

I am not quite as enthusiastic as Sequoia's sister, but I am on my fourth year of more or less weekly (sometimes biweekly now) acupuncture due to a very serious automobile accident. I "only" had soft tisssue injury--from my ear to my lower back but it was very severe...

A combination of acupuncture and carefully directed exercise for muscle strengthening has helped a lot.

I think you should have test run for thyroid function and other things because fatigue usually has a cause. I find that since acupuncture reduces pain, I sleep much better and therefore am less tired. However, if I am getting enough sleep, I do not have problems with fatigue, so I really can't say what it would do for fatigue alone.

by the way, it does not hurt at all.

Good luck with it--I hope it helps

Martie