Anyone have a Ribs recipe or cooking method?

busywend

Just looking for different options to make ribs. boyfriend and I are going to attempt to make them this Sunday.

Sunlight

my brother makes the best ribs. he bakes them in the oven til they nearly fall apart, in a roaster, dont add water.
then he putst them on the grill and slathers them with "Jack Daniels" rib sauce and grills them til the outsides are charred a bit.
yummy

DammitJanet

My step-mom does basically the same thing but she bakes them in the oven turning them every 15 minutes until they almost fall apart then either put them on a rack in the broiler or grill them with bbq sauce.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Budweiser BBQ sauces are by far the BEST. When my easy child went to her extern in VA she was working for an Anheiser Busch company and they gave her a bottle that sent home; it was awesome.

I slow bake them in the oven for a long time with a little BBQ sauce, then slather them up and grill them. Yum.

KFld

This is probably about the only good thing I could pass down from ex right now, but everyone we knew said he made the best ribs anywhere.

Steam them on the stove for a good hour, until they are just about falling off the bone. Then transfer them to the grill for bbq'ing. He used to have some kind of set up that he would actually wood smoke them, but I'm not sure how he did it. Just bbq'ing them with k.c. masterpiece worked for me.

All the above methods are pretty much the same. In the oven till almost done, then on the grill with favorite BBQ sauce (basically your choice). Only other option is a dry rub beforehand.

Will you make some for me too? I don't have a grill.

SRL

My method is the same: I lightly salt and pepper them, cover pan with foil, and then do at low temp (ie 250) until tender in the oven or my Nesco 6 qt roasting pan. When done grill for few minutes to heat and then brush with sauce.

busywend

These are mostly what I have heard. Put in a covered roasting pan with nothing in it ( I like the salt & pepper on it first though) and slow cook for hours.
Then on the grill with favorite sauce.

Does anyone have a dryrub recipe? We are not doing that our first time around, but we will try it eventually.

What do you make as a side with ribs? I was thinking garlic mashed potatos. What else?

jbrain

I wish I hadn't read this thread--I am so hungry for ribs now and nowhere to get them (I am at work)--I want them immediately!!!
Jane

4sumrzn

I cut up the slab, boil them (pork ribs, not beef) covered for an hour with salt, pepper & cayenne pepper. Place them in a large baking dish....sprinkle with cayenne (we like 'em spicy)....cover in sauce....let them sit for awhile before grilling them off, adding more sauce as we grill. I think I might just have to make those soon! Yummmmmy. :spaghetti: Pretty yummy with garlic potatoes & onions on the grill in foil.

goldenguru

Thanks for the ideas. I always murder ribs. They always turn out too dry.

I have found that I have better luck with the boneless (country style) ribs.

Now if someone could just post a recipe for low fat ribs ... I'd be a happy camper. :smile:

Debdeb1031

If I don't feel like grilling.....

First I marinate them in barbeque sauce (or a rub if no sauce)...I take the broiler pan and fill it with a little water...i put the rack on top of the pan and bake it for about 45 minutes turning them halfway thru...with the water in the pan it kinda steams the ribs and keeps them moist...and the other bonus...the water keeps the sauce from sticking ang burning to the pan...:)

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: goldenguru</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now if someone could just post a recipe for low fat ribs ... I'd be a happy camper. :smile: </div></div>

Good luck.

SRL

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: goldenguru</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks for the ideas. I always murder ribs. They always turn out too dry.

</div></div>

Covering the pan and cooking at a low temp is the key.

Let me know when you find that low fat rib recipe. I'll be first in line behind you to try it.