Anyone have knee issues?

K

Kjs

My husband has osteo arthritis in both knees. I am familiar with that.

Cannot seem to figure out what is going on with Mine. Feels like I knelt on a marble or something. Burns/hurts to the touch. Thought maybe it was a bruise, but there is not a bruise. Realized last night I cannot kneel on it at all. The pain is way to much. Kind of poofy,squishy little area towards the outside on the lower part of the knee.

This has been going on for a long time. Just getting worse. husband says it is not like his.

Any idea's?

I have knee issues. I have exercised for a very long time. I fast walk and also dostrength training but it has come to a halt since I hurt me knee. I was running (which I amnot good at) and I felt my knee start to hurt - then I couldnt bend it, etc. so I went tot he doctor and he said to go to an orthopedic doctor so I did that and they took Xrays and said do strengthening exercises for my knee and that was all - I still have issues - I started back to the gym the other day and was riding the bike and my knee is kinda swollen today!!!!! I guess it is old age but I take Advil.

DammitJanet

Does it feel like you have liquid in that area? Is it kinda red and hot?

You really need to see a doctor who may send you to a rheumy doctor. My knee issues started out with me feeling like I fell on gravel. My knee swelled for a time and they aspirated the knee. I was then put in a brace. Later it was found that I had severe osteoarthritis after they scoped my knee.

Lothlorien

What you are describing sounds like prepatellar bursitis. The bursa sac is inflammed. It's very common and usually characterized by exquisite tenderness in the area you are describing. If typical anti-inflammatories and icing doesn't help, you should go to an orthopedist. An injection of cortisone (or two) should calm the bursitis down.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I broke my knee two years ago. I don't know what the issue is to this day...maybe it is because I didn't do rehab afterwards. Another wise decision. All my friends know to give me a hand up when I get up off a chair.

Bursitis is a bear and very painful. I'd definetly check that out.

Abbey

flutterby

Fly away!
Bursitis is painful. Advil or aleve, ice and rest. If that doesn't help, a steroid shot like Loth suggested should calm it down.

The first time I had it when I was about 17, my future (and now former) mother in law told me to soak a washcloth with rubbing alcohol and drape it across my knee while I sat with my leg propped up. For some reason, that seemed to help, too. Weird, huh?