Anyone here like Mineral makeup?

susiestar

Roll With It
I love the stuff. I think there are quite a few of us who have tried it and/or use it regularly.

Right now there are a LOT of companies selling this. I have some from Everyday Minerals that is about as good as the Bare Minerals, at least for me.

I have not tried the eyeslipsface minerals, but I have been impressed by their other products. I just got an email with a coupon code for 70% off of the mineral products!!

The starter kit is $20 for 2 foundations, a blush, a total face brush, a blush brush and a canvas case. Foundations alone are $5 for .12 oz (3.5 grams) , blush is $5 for the same amount.

Eyeshadow is $3, lip gloss is $3, lip stick is $5, and kabuki brushes are $5 for the face and $8 for the body.

This would be a great time to buy some to play with, or to start a teen using mineral makeup (which is usually better for acne prone skin). Remember, if you have an "eyeshadow" in a color that you would like a lip color in, mix a bit of lip balm with the eyeshadow and apply to lips. Or put the lip balm on and dab some of the minerals into it with a finger or blush.

You can experiment with nail polish and minerals too. Put a base coat on your nails and then put a bit of eyeshadow or blush in a jar lid. pour a bit of clear or colored nail polish into another jar lid. Using a brush that you can clean, mix the minerals and polish and then aply to nails. Or use the brush to pick up the minerals and put them onto wet polish on your nails. Cover with a top coat.

Anyway, there are all kinds of ways to play with this! www.eyeslipsface.com code EHCMM for 70% off of mineral makeup!

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
I've had mixed results. I love, love, love my L'Oreal mineral blush. It's a great color and has a hint of sparkle to it.

on the other hand, I tried Bare Minerals foundation and it accentuated every single daggone wrinkle on this 61 year old face. It was pretty horrifying. :bag: I took it back within 12 hours.

Suz

witzend

I have more fuzz on my face than a peach, I swear. I'm talking all the way up my forehead. I wax my lip but I draw the line at my entire face. Any type of foundation kind of lifts up every single hair and makes it all the more noticeable. I just plain gave up even trying years ago.

TPaul

Idecor8
I find that the mineral make-up really helps my inner self shine through, :tongue:

Seriously, the mineral make-up I have seen others wear does look good for them.
Tpaul

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I've gone to all mineral makeup; the foundation, blush, concealer. All L'Oreal. I've had compliments all weekend on how good I look.

This stuff is so much easier for me to use; I found I could just put a bit of the foundation on to run out to do a few errands with-o having to do my whole face - just evens tones out.

Yup, love the stuff.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I have hyper-pigmentation on my cheekbones and the mineral makeup (I use bare ecsentuals or whatever it is) and it helps me a lot in feeling better about myself. I am so self conscious of the dark spots! I use clinique for cleansing and most of my moisturizers, but I love the mineral makeup. I've found that it looks best after about an hour, after it's had time to settle into my skin a bit.

DDD

Add me to the list of mineral makeup lovers. For my age I don't look bad ;)
and sometimes...I look pretty darn good when I do more than dust my face.
My usual routine is to put on moisturizer and then start getting dressed. In a few minutes I can dust, add blush, fix my brows and head out with a little lipstick on. I don't have the patience or time to spend hours. This takes 5 minutes and I'm on the road. I love it. DDD

graceupongrace

Thanks for the tip, Susie.

I really like the Bare Escentuals foundation, but haven't tried the others. I use a quick dusting if I just want to even out my skin tone, and a second "layer" to look more polished but not overly made up. It lasts all day, which liquid foundations don't seem to do for me. I also like the way it's easy to combine two shades in different proportions -- I gradually add more of the darker shade as I get tanner in the summer and more of the lighter shade as I fade in the fall (as I'm doing now!).

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Witz, I have some facial peach fuzz - it's on my jaw area & up to my ears. Saying that, it's so light in color & so fine it's barely noticeable with the makeup.

I'm aware of it; can get self conscious about. Even if I did I'd hold my head high & go about my business.

What I'm saying is that I ignore it because it barely shows because of it's fineness.,

Star*

call 911........call 911
My dermatologist told me that the best stuff out right now for skin tone, wrinkles and dry face is Olay Total effects.

Besides - I don't think wrinkles are a bad thing....They give Mimi's character when they smile at adorable, beautiful, lovely new baby grandchildren. :D

AND IF ANYONE HERE SAYS THEY HAVE A difficult child AND NO WRINKLES I THINK THEIR MIDDLE NAME SHOULD BE FIBBER.....:laugh:

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Suz, sweetie ~ you saw my wrinkles. Pretty ingrained, wouldn't you say? :wildone: I call them my badge(s) of courage; makes me feel better.

Star, I use the oil of olay products - I can afford them & I swear I can feel my face correcting itself even as we speak.:crazy2: See how it works for me? :D

witzend

Hmmm... my peach fuzz is very fine, too. But it's quite long in some places. Does the bare minerals make it stand up like other makeups?

WhymeMom?

No real answers to life..
Yep, my wrinkles show a life well lived, not afraid to frown and not afraid to smile........ just don't use mineral makeup to fall into the deep crevices.....

The foundation with moisturizers is what I like the best..... Olay makes one as well as Loreal......they help with covering the uneven skin tones, okay..... age spots...... just for those with drying skin, however.......

N

Nomad

I've had good luck with the Bare E. make up. However, it is expensive and it takes kinda of a long time to put on. Lately, I have just been putting on a dark pancake powder and take off....it doesn't look as good, but it is FAST!

I might try that Olay Total Effects. The last year or two...their line is looking GOOD! I mean REAL good...like professional quality and A LOT CHEAPER!
I use their cleanser sometimes and like it.

I have oily skin and it has helped in terms of wrinkles. I STILL use pimple stuff from the dermatologist's office!

Sadly, the last two years husband has helped me A LOT with- difficult child. Guess what? He has gotten A LOT of wrinkles the last two years and I recall last year had to see the doctor a lot for various problems. It REALLY was noticeable and REALLY bothered both of us. This year...no no no!!!. We are looking at it differently. Our kid is 21....we are DETACHING and RELAXING.

Might try the L'Oreal Mineral Brush too (thanks Suz). I am graduating in July (can NOT believe it!). All of a sudden, I'm paying attention to clothes and make up again!