Anyone in Orange cnty florida...stay off 417.

DammitJanet

there is a high speed car chase going on right now. At least that is the highway I think it is.

Guy is loony tunes. going over a hundred at times and weaving in and out. Live on HLN!

H

HaoZi

No cable here, but I recall my fellow Floridians driving like maniacs most of the time.

Last edited:

DammitJanet

Well, it was a most amazing video..lol. I get into these things. Turned into a carjacking/kidnapping case they believe. Seems like there were 4 people and 2 kids involved I think. Driver absolutely refused to get out of the truck, tried to keep driving the truck even after the tires had blown and the wheels had almost fallen off and police cars surrounded the car and cops had ordered him out. They had to send the dog in after him and even then when he bailed out the window he wouldnt go down until they tazered him. What a chase!

H

HaoZi

Is it bad that even that turn of events doesn't surprise me? Are his victims (?) okay?

DammitJanet

I havent seen anymore yet. Im sure at 6 when Prime Time comes back on there will be more on about it. I live in NC so HLN is the channel that was covering it nationally for me. It appeared that everyone was okay though from the TV footage. No ambulances. Surprising since he hit several cars.

I was wondering too...who's insurance pays for that? If you are just driving on your merry way and a high speed chase happens to run into you, whose insurance pays? Yours, the car owner, the cops? I seriously doubt the crook is gonna have the money to pay you.