Anyone keeping up with this Caycee/Caylee baby case?

DammitJanet

I just started getting into this case in the last few days after hearing about in on Nancy Grace and I am simply astounded!

This Caycee Anthony has to be the worlds biggest difficult child...and worst liar...on the face of the earth. Basically she has committed a ton of fraud and forged checks which they keep arresting her on plus her child is missing and presumed dead at this point. Cadaver dogs have "alerted" on the trunk of her car and the back yard. According the Caycee "she left the almost 3 year old with a 'Nanny' 5 weeks ago to go partying" and she hasnt seen her since. She never called the cops, she never did anything. She just figured the child would come home on her own! No one knows who this nanny is unless it is the chloroform found. This woman has lied and lied to everyone over and over.

Here is a one blog but there are many others.

cayleeanthony.wordpress.com

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Nichole has been following it. I sort of wish she wouldn't as this sort of thing really upsets her, always has. She gives me updates periodically.

I just shake my head. And her parents.........I know you want to support your child, but if they really believe what they say, they're idiots. Maybe the baby's Mom is severely mentally disturbed. in my opinion she is as I watch her body language when Nichole drags me into the room. But still, I'd have an awful hard time supporting my daughter with the bs story she's been giving.

I've thought the baby dead long ago, before the chloroform was found.

I can't bare to watch it. The baby resembles Aubrey too much.

klmno

I thought I saw on tv that they did some sort of test on the trunk of her car and determined that a dead body had been in there- and they found some of the baby's hair in it. I think that pretty much summed it up for me- especially since the first bondsman turned her back into jail once he started finding out details.

I don't know about the mom's mother- I think she knows something- it's almost like she's trying to use this to manipulte her daughter (the mom). The dad, on the other hand, any time I've seen him on the news, he truly seems distraught to me. But I've only seen that a couple of times.

It's just a shame- the baby was adorable. The mom is a nut, in my humble opinion. And the police- I have nothing for them either. Even in this case, I've just lost a lot of respect for them.

DammitJanet

Well the police have to have pretty hard fast evidence to try a case. I dont see why I would lose faith in them.

I think Caycee knows exactly what happened to her daughter. Who waits 5 weeks to tell someone that your 3 year old is missing? Who lets the grandmother make that call? Do you honestly just assume that a three year old is gonna come waltzing home after a little vacation time? This whole story about how someone let the baby call home while reading a book is so bogus. If someone let a baby call her mom that baby would be crying and upset and screaming for Momma. Not just happy on the phone reading to Mommy. Heavens to betsy...even when we let Keyana talk to Papa on the phone from home to work she cries and says...Papa come home and kisses the phone!

klmno

I think the mom is guilty and that she did it. I think the grandmom knows that. But instead of the grand mom just saying that to police, I get the impression she's trying to manipulate the situation- like "well, mom, if you'll just do what I want, maybe I won't tell police everything I know". Maybe the grand-mom is a control freak. The mom is certainly messed up- not that it is an excuse. That's just my impression- I could be totally wrong.

meowbunny

I've more or less been forced to follow it since I live in Central Florida. It is a tragedy. Caycee wanted to give the baby up for adoption but her mom wouldn't let her. I truly feel sorry for her. It sounds like she was forced into a situation where she saw no way out. She has so many, many problems.

I have no doubt the baby is dead. I don't think Caycee did it deliberately. My guess is she either killed in her in a fit of rage or frustration or gave her too much chloroform.

I feel bad for the father. He really does seem confused and hurt. The non-stop protestors at his home are driving him over the edge. And I wonder about those protestors. Do they really think taking their kids to this home and screaming at the residents does a bit of good or teaches good values to their children? ARGH!!!!

For some reason, I have no sympathy for the mother. She's the one who called the police and said her daughter probably killed her granddaughter. Now, she supports her daughter and is refusing to assist in the investigation. This woman is just wrong in my mind (and I'm using the Southern "wrong," not the right/wrong).

All in all, it is an ugly, tragic case. I hope that some answers are found soon for the sake of everyone.

Marguerite

This actually hasn't made the news at all over here. However, I first looked it up when someone here mentioned this before.

What worries me about this - the protestors. They're not doing anything to further their cause at all - do they even know what their cause is?

If the baby's mother is guilty of killing her child, then let the police continue to gather what evidence they can. Protestors hanging around can only strengthen the resolve of the baby's grandparents to continue to support their daughter. While emotions are running so high, then people don't think clearly.

The other big problem with people protesting and hassling the family - they run the very real risk of giving the family ammunition to make even more capital out of this.
We have just had a case in Australia - a convicted pedophile, Dennis Ferguson, has just been awarded compensation because protestors kept hounding him. He was placed in protective custody while out on bail, but word kept leaking out as to where he was, and people would make such a loud fuss about it that eventually the police had to move Ferguson elsewhere. Now he's won in court against the protestors.

Some of the places that Ferguson had been placed would not have put anyone at risk. If protestors had not been quite so over-the-top about him, then not only would he NOT have got any compensation, he would have already been on trial. Instead, the charges got thrown out because a judge said that the media exposure would have meant he wouldn't have got a fair trial. Charges have been laid again, but people still won't leave him alone.

Don't get me wrong - from everything I hear, he's not someone I'd be happy about living anywhere near, but if he DID live nearby and I knew about it, then at least I would KNOW and be better able to keep my child safe. Hounding someone like this is the fastest way I can think of, to derail justice and allow the person to get away with whatever it was they are believed to have done.

And sometimes, despite just about everybody being convinced they are guilty - they can turn out to be innocent. Trial by media can bring miscarriage of justice. Lindy Chamberlain is a case in point. You may have seen the movie - Meryl Streep played Lindy, Sam Neill played her husband Michael, the movie was called "Evil Angels" or "A Cry in the Dark" (depending on where you live).

My concerns here aren't whether this woman is innocent or guilty - wherever the little girl is, she is currently beyond any chance of her mother doing her any harm. What needs to happen now, is for the investigation to be carried out thoroughly and professionally, so the truth can be determined. And the protestors who surely want justice for the child, should THINK about how what they are doing, could work against that aim.

Marg

DammitJanet

MB...you make a very valid point. The protestors are idiots. I see no point in protesting anything myself over a crime. Wait and when there is a memorial service or something like that for the child...go light a candle or something.

Oh....and the correct deep southern way of saying the grandmother is a bit touched is "that woman just aint right!"

donna723

Janet, you've got that right!

I think the police want to make very sure they have enough evidence to convict her before they make the arrest and that's very hard to do unless they find the body. They don't want to try her and possibly have her go free because they didn't have all their "ducks in a row".

I don't think they will ever find this child alive, and I agree too that the grandma knows a whole lot more than she's telling. Such a shame ... she was a beautiful child. It makes me sick to think that there are so many childless couples who would have given anything to have that precious little girl.

Last edited:

Lothlorien

I'm just a little more than surprised the mother hasn't caved, with all this pressure and just told the police what actually happened. I'm also a little peeved that the grandparents haven't put their collective foot down and made her fess up or else no further support.

witzend

Honestly, she lives in Florida, OJ lives in Florida, if he gets off again, I think they should date.

I agree about the protesters. They should go home. It's bad enough that the neighbors have a nutcase living on their street, their houses aren't worth a penny with those people making all that fuss out front, it's unsafe for their children to play, they can't get the school busses to pick up the kids. It's outrageous!

TerryJ2

I think the mother did it.

I can't figure out why she keeps getting released from jail and then re-arrested. I don't understand the legalities of it.

And I really don't understand the protestors. They are not doing any good at all.

That poor child.

donna723

I think she was arrested this last time on bad check charges, not from anything tied in with the little girls disappearance.

Stella Johnson

The mother is a sociopath. She was upset the first time she was arrested because "All anyone wants is to find Caylee" This is what she told her friend she was talking to.

At first when the grandparents were supporting her I thought they were just doing it to try to get her to tell them where she was. Now, I'm not sure. I can't imagine letting my daughter live with me with all that evidence that the baby is dead and she was out partying on a stripper pole and sleeping with men while the baby was "kidnapped" by this unknown babysitter.

I think the protestors are hoping that pressure will help the mom confess. I don't think it is doing anything but driving the grandparents crazy.
The mother truly doesn't care and I think she likes the attention as sick as it is.

The police interrogation tapes have been released. If you listen to them she talks about Caylee in a past tense. This is also a clue that she knows she is dead. No parent whose child is missing talks about them in a past tense as in dead.

The police are just waiting until they have all their ducks in a row. I hope they hang her. The world is a better place without the mother.

Steph

DammitJanet

And can you believe all this junk about how she "decided" to go to Tampa to look for "work" for a month but only took all her junk...none of the little girls. Of course, Caycee never did work...she partied the whole time. She sent numerous text messages never even mentioning her daughter.

She just makes me mad.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I can't put my finger on it - but I think the baby is alive. And I think there are MORE people involved in this for $$.

It's what I'm hoping for anyway - I think there are a bunch more people that know what is going on and for the babies own good are keeping shut. I think that the Mother is probably somehow going to get out of this, sold her baby or something for cash - and the people that bought her are being extorted by the Mother and the babies mom.

just a feeling - If there were remains in that trunk - DNA evidence would have spoken up LOUD and CLEAR at this point - NOTHING.

Like I said - just a feeling and could be very wrong....but I'd rather I'm wrong and she's alive than the obvious assumptions.

And protesters need to have something like this happen ONE time. UGH. I love what Ghandi said -

I like your Christ.
I do NOT however like your Christians.