Anyone read the book Lost at school?

Discussion in 'General Parenting' started by zachieandameliasmom, Nov 5, 2009.

1. zachieandameliasmom

zachieandameliasmom New Member

I read it last yr and just checked it out again from the library. I like his method, but not sure I can get the school on board!!

We're having problems at school again. UGHHH
  2. DazedandConfused

DazedandConfused Active Member

I have started it, but never got to finish it.

I do like what I have read so far. I also recommended it to the principal of the school where I work.

Getting the school on board, that can be the tough part. But, if you can get them to at least give it a try and if they see a positive difference, you can get them to embrace it.
  3. LittleDudesMom

LittleDudesMom Well-Known Member Staff Member

I read it and thought it was very good. I actually purchased a copy for the compliance officer at difficult child's school.

4. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

Read it, loved it, gave my copy to the school, and they ordered 6 more to give to various teachers and to keep in the resource library.

Now I'm pushing Ross Greene's actual training, tho I must say, wee difficult child's staff this year are embracing TEC and Plan B.

Its pretty amazing. I see his mainstream teacher using it with another behavior challenged child in his class, and its making a difference.
  5. Allan-Matlem

Allan-Matlem Active Member

This is the best book on collaborative problem solving - the language and the examples are great.

I would share the site especially the video clips and now Dr Greene's site where the video clips and voices are mainly in school settings

The book and sites are great for both school staff and parents and of course for kids