Anyone read this?

Lothlorien

The Wally Lamb book "The Hour I First Believe"? I know it's a popular read....However, one of my friends said she was pretty bored with it. I'm wondering if it's worth ripping the 20 cd's onto my computer so I can listen to it.

What else are you reading this summer?

Fran

Former desparate mom
I have this book that I bought simply because his book "This Much I Know Is True" really was wonderful and spoke to me.
I have not started it yet. It's part of the pile of 4 or 5 that are waiting for me.

Now, I have started "The Monster of Florence" which is a true story. It has started well. I'll let you know how I like it.

Mattsmom277

Fran, I read that one too and it spoke to me as well.
I am not up to date on new release/popular current novels. Hope to hear if the latest W. Lamb is worth it. I enjoy the way he writes.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I read The Hour I First Believed. I thought it was a really good book! I think I read it over winter break. To me it was definitely worth the read!

I've been reading a lot this summer but can't remember all the titles. I'll think a bit and post about what I've been reading.

KTMom91

I just finished My Life in France by Julia Child. Bought it in Cleveland. I really want to see Julie & Julia, opening Friday I think.

Other than that, I've just been reading for the review site.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I would like to propose - a Book Club------here on the CD board.

I would have a LOT more interest in reading a book if I had someone to discuss intelligently with after reading....

Any thoughts???

I promise I will NOT pick - encyclopedias when it's my turn to pick...lol

N

Nomad

I'm not sure about a book club on the cd board, simply 'cause I haven't had much time to read a lot of "regular" books...although I still buy non fiction and read "choice" paragraphs.

I can't wait to see Julia and Julia. Is it really coming out this Friday????? :confused::D

Lothlorien

In Social Groups there is a book group, but everyone seems to forget about the social groups.

I decided to trade in the Wally Lamb book and I got a book called "A Yellow Raft in Blue Water." It's a smaller book (only 12 CDs). I forgot that I still have a couple of books that I've ripped and haven't listened to yet. I just started Rumor Has it by Tami Hoag....but I think it's more of a romance novel. I'm not really into romance novels, but since I've already started it, I'll finish it.

I also got Exit Music by Ian Rankin. I have heard he's a good writer. I don't recall reading any of his books yet.

I am reading the Sololist and read A Gift of Grace.
I would love to be on this book club. The Watercooler seems more accessible to me than the social groups. Who wants to propose the first book?
Compassion

A book a month sounds realistic. Although I know I am flexible if someone (including me :) cannot keep up due to family stress :) I love to read though and love the idea of discussing with others. There are a number of book clubs in my community but I feel this format would be more flexible for me currently. I would also like it generally to be nonparenting oreinted :)
Comapssion