Anyone see the Wrestler

Lothlorien

I got it from the Library this week and watched it last night. First off, it is painful to watch the use-to-be-super-hot Rourke. Secondly, this has to be one of the most boring movies I have seen in a long time. It was sooooo slow. I think the only interesting part of the movie was with his daughter.

I honestly can't see what all the hype was about during the Oscars. Maybe there was some good acting, but the movie was somewhat pointless to me. I feel like I wasted two hours last night.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I heard it was good, but I can't stand to look at Rourke's face that long. I just get the skeevies, ugh!

Thanks for the review - now at least I will be justified in telling H 'No!' if he suggests it. lol

trinityroyal

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one who can't stand looking at Mickey Rourke's surgery-fied face. Hype or no hype, I just couldn't stand the thought of staring at that mug for a whole movie.

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
Only thing that was really good was the theme song "The Wrestler" by my man Bruce Springsteen!!!! Awesome song, too bad the movie hoovered!

Star*

call 911........call 911
so it's a waste of time? OR maybe genre specific?

Wait - let me waive my forearm in front of my face - so you can't see me......ROFLMBO. (had to ask a WWF fan what in the world Jon Seena is trying to accomplish when he does that on commercials) and a man at work said _ when he does THAT? He's invisible.

Oh SNAP.....