Anyone still watching American Idol?

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
Just wondering if anyone is into AI this year or not.

My top 3 picks are:

David Cook
Carly Smithson
David Archuletta

Others I really enjoy:

Brooke White
Michael Johns

I thought last weeks song choice by David Cook of his own rendition of Michael Jackson's Billie Jean was beyond genius on his part. Pretty much catapulted him into stardom.

I would love to sit around a camp fire with Jason Castro and Brooke White and sing folk songs. They are both so down to earth and would love to meet them.

Any others have ideas of who the top 3 might be?

And remember, tonight is the Give Back show.

Hugs,
Vickie

amazeofgrace

A maze of Grace - that about sums it up
I am I am!!!

I also like Brooke alot

But I am sure it will be between David Cook, Carly and Archueletta.

I would buy Brooke's album and Dread Lockes album maybe David Cook's album, not sure

My Top Idols are (Top meaning I owne there CD)

#1 Elliott Yamin (saw him in concert too):crazy1:
Carrie Underwood
Kelly Clarkson
Bo Bice
Daughtry

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
Me and my girls and my sisters and their daughters all saw Kelly Clarkson summer before last. She was beyond awesome! I would LOVE to see Daughtry and Carrie Underwood's CD is in my car cd player right now. Not too familiar with Elliott's own cd but loved him on AI. Daughtry and/or Bo Bice are very cool, and not too bad on the eyes either! I have several of Kelly's, Carrie's and Daughtry's songs for ringtones for my celly.

No, I am NOT obsessed, LOL!!!!

DammitJanet

I admit it, I am an AI fanatic...lol.

My favs this year are Micheal Johns, Brooke White and David A. I really think David A is gonna take this year. I love Brooke because Im a sucker for someone playing the piano.

AmyH

in my opinion, I think Carly should be voted off. She has already had a record deal that went belly up.

I really like David Cook and Brooke is growing on me.

tammyjh

Yes, I love AI.
My top 2 are
David Cook
David Archuletta

The two I like the least are
Michael Johns
Syesha(sp)

I do really like Brooke and Jason Castro. Would love to just listen to them sing James Taylor songs all day.lol.

Who's left...lol...Carly. She's pretty good. Kristi Lee Cook...I wanted her to go weeks ago but she's actually gotten better so I'm ready to give her another try.

As far as past idols. I have to admit that I was a big Clay Aiken fan for a while. What ever happened to him? My 6 yr. old was about 3 then and his favorite song was "Invisible" for a long time.LOL!!

I really like
Carrie Underwood
Chris Daughtry
and Bucky Covington seems to be doing pretty good for himself these days.

Ephchap

Another fan here !

First off, I just wanted to comment on the record deal with regard to Carley. Yes, she had a record deal and it didn't sell. There have been others though that also were signed to labels, and didn't amount to anything. Kristy Lee Cook had a country record deal. On the radio they mentioned many more, from past and present Idols - and even mentioned that Kelly Clarkson had been signed to a deal that fell through before her Idol appearance (which I had never heard before, and don't know for sure that it's true, but that's what this radio station was reporting).

So at what point do they draw the line? It's a pretty gray area, so I guess that's why they make it to be - no current record contract.

I like David Cook and Michael Johns. I do love Carly's voice and think her range and purity are notches above the rest, but for whatever reason, Simon doesn't seem to like her and she just hasn't "clicked" with the audience or the judges. I like Brooke's and Jason's "coffee shop" kind of voices, kind of like a Carly Simon and a James Taylor type. I think Syesha is adorable, but keeps going for some pretty tough songs and hasn't quite hit those big notes, though she tries. I'm not a huge Kristy fan either, but think in her genre, she does well.

I think it will come down to David Cook and David A for the finals.

I'm probably the only person in America that doesn't want David A to win. Okay, don't throw things at me. lol.

I chuckled when Simon said he sounded nasally last week. From day one, I've been saying that his talking voice and lower notes are very gravelly/raspy - almost like he has a cold or sore throat and needs to clear his throat. When he hits the upper notes, he sounds good to me, but not the rest of the time. Just MHO.

That being said, I think this year has a really talented wide variety of singers. They each bring something different to the competition, which I really like. I actually like each of them that are left, and they are each very different.

As far as past Idols, I've only been to one of their concerts, and it was when Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken were touring together. It was a great concert. I bought the tickets as a birthday gift for my mom. lol. She's a HUGE Clay Aiken fan. (He has a new cd coming out soon, I think I heard. He's also been performing in Spamalot)

I love Carrie Underwood, even though I'm not a huge country fan, and also love Daughtry.

Deb

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
REMINDER!!!

Please do not post anything until tomorrow as to who was voted off. Those of us stuck on the West coast want to be surprised!

Let's chat about that tomorrow.

As far as David A is concerned, I have felt he is too young to win. He has an amazing voice and is just adorable, but would love to see him making records in a few years when he has matured more.

My definite #1 pick is David Cook with Carly a super close 2nd.

SRL

Thiss is my first year watching and I have to seriously wonder if the whole thing works when Michael Johns is eliminated and Syesha and Kristi Lee--and somewhat Jason--are still in the group. There's a major talent gap there.

:highvoltage:

My poor daugther: she was tired from staying up late for Idol Gives Back that she burst into tears when it was announced. I assured her he'd be okay. ;-)

susiestar

Roll With It
Jessie and I are hooked on this. This is our first season to watch. David Cook used to hang out with one of husband's coworker's kids. he is a really nice guy.

He was having chest pains the week with Dolly Parton. The arrangement he did with her song was amazing. Takes some stones to do a new arrangement for a song with the original songwriter there as your mentor that week. Esp with a star as big as Dolly!

I do not know why Kristy Lee Cook is still there. I just don't think she brings much originality to the show.

Brooke is great - she is Jessie's fave.

I like David Cook and Archuletta, think they will be in the finals with Carly.

Maybe Brook will be there.

Susie

DammitJanet

I was stunned and upset when they voted Micheal off. I had him pegged for the finals. It could be that people were so sure that other people were voting for him that they voted for their second and third choices. I happen to have three cell phones in my house and on voting night I plug the number for my top three into different phones and keep hitting redial for an hour. (Hope that explanation made sense...lol)

I do think Micheal will be ok. Just look at Bucky and how well he is doing. And Chris Daughtry and Kelli Pickler. Can you tell I LOVE my NC Idols? LMAO

SRL

Being a first time watcher it does make me wonder if the voting was legit or they just decided it was time to add in a little drama since the vote offs have been pretty predicatable so far.

And Ryan gets a big BOO HISS from me for that little Now last year we didn't vote anyone off this week comment.

I think he'll be fine too--I expected him to be in the top 3.

AmyH

I was really shocked with Michael leaving last night. And Kristy was not even in the bottom 3. I look for Cook to go all the way. At least I hope he does. At this stage in the game they are all really talented, but some still really out shine the rest. Carly really thought she was going lastnight.

Jungleland

Welcome to my jungle!
Ok folks, I MISSED the show last night, LONG STORY for another thread, another time.

I am beyond SHOCKED!!! I thought for sure Michael would have made it at least to the top 4. I know he will be fine, he has such an amazing talent for singing as well as stage presence AND being so danged good looking doesn't hurt!!

What in the world is Kristy Lee still doing on the show?? I didn't think she should even have been in the top 10, let alone hanging on this long.

OK, enough venting! Guess it's a good thing I missed it, might have thrown something through the TV!!!!

Till next week,
Vickie