Anyone taking Savella for Fibromyalga or anything else?

Jody

I was diagnosed with Fibromyalga last week and given this drug that has been on the market a year or so. I have read reviews on line and a lot of them were pretty scary. Some people had pretty good results. I have to admit I am kind of scared, but want out of this pain. I called my Dr and he said only 5-6 people develop those side effects. ugh unfortunately my luck is not usually that good. I am trying it because I need some relief and want to know if anyone else has had any good or bad experiences with it.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Jody, I've been taking Savella for almost a year now (not for fibro); for mental clarity from my brain injury thingy. I have to say that it has been the most helpful medication to date for me.

My mind has become clearer & on average, I don't need the level of pain medications I once did. My physiatrist prescribed this for me as a piece of my rehab.

No bad experiences.

DammitJanet

I believe my therapist is on this one for fibro and she likes it. She had to change from lyrica to it because of some bad side effects on the lyrica. We thought about it for me but its too close to antidepressants for me to even attempt.

crazymama30

husband's physiatrist wanted to prescribe Savella or Cymbalta at one point, his psychiatrist said no to Cymbalta and maybe to Savella. We ended up with neurontin which helped some, and then switched to Lyrica which helps him tremendously. Any of the above medications have bad side effect profiles, it just comes with those type of medications.

susiestar

Roll With It
I have not tried that one. I have been on lyrica for years now and it has been awesome. I periodically have to lower the dose because I get to the point where the aphasia is horrible if I take the full dose for a month or so. I am on the highest level they give you though, or so I am told. I will ask my doctor about this. The lyrica keeps me from feeling like I am walking on glass shards though, which I have had with-o it since i was about 13. And everyone wondered why I didn't want to jog or take a gym class, lol (sarcastic lol there).

I hope it helps you more than it causes problems!

I have a good friend who takes Savella for fibro -- she had to cut back the dose because she was sweating quite excessively -- after she cut back she was fine and it helped her.

Hope it helps you.

Jo