Anyone want to know why I am on my 5th load of laundry?

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
and I still have about 4 more to do? Oh take a guess!!! :sick::cold::sweating::nurse::bath::ill::coffee2: :targetpractice:

OK it is a combo of all of the above!!! With a few pictures missing... So N comes into the bed sometime in the middle of the night... Mommy I peed the bed. We have been trying so hard to not put her in a pull-up,(she has regressed with K's mania) so last night we put her back in her big girl panties... so we clean her up. I pull her sheets off and just lay them on the floor. As we are in the bathroom, she emits a loud seal like bark! So I bundle her up and whisk her outside in the cold. "Take a deep breath N" I keep her outside as long as she will let me. Get her back in bed, we are just falling asleep, she sits up and throws up all over husband!!!
I get her and us all cleaned up again... pull our comforter over us. We are asleep, she starts groaning I am in the midst of grabbing towel, she turns and throws up all over husband again!!! (Kind of funny)
We go downstairs, get her all set up, towels, tea, soda water, she crawls into my lap, (I am into day 1 of my medication change) she is trying to get comfy I am adjusting her towels, she throws all over me...
I clean that up. Next on husband again... Then the Poops hit... I had to put her in a diaper, coated with aquapher... after a bath... I got that all me also!!!
In the mean time K comes downstairs, "Mommy I think I peed the bed"
Yes she did. So all 3 beds are being disinfected... I was able to hang our pillowtopper out side for an hour before the storm warning hit!!!

I have candles lit and have sprayed, squirt, scrubbed washed... and now am doing my umpteenth load of laundry... N just fell asleep... I got her to drink some E-mergency and a popsicle, and a piece of toast.
Of course K wants to jump all over the place... I feel like BLAH...
I hope we all feel better soon.

dreamer

sending hugs. I do not envy you, altho I do still remember those days.......
That said, I do have many laundry days with many loads of laundry, my Divas love to change clothes and automaton me just keeps on popping laundry in all the time......it is a constant work in progress of which the last few years I personally find some measure of comfort in..as weird as that might sound.
If it helps any? we have been dealing with what I thought earlier in week was food poisoning, but now think is some kind of flu thing......
Thankfully we have not had the kind of "accidents" you have, and mine are old enough they clean up for themself from it, YAY!
Hang in there and tons of hugs..it does sound dreadful and exhausting!!!!

totoro

Thanks Dreamer! I don't mind doing laundry, but not when it is full of stuff! and not when it is my comforter and bedspreads... I don't mind folding laundry, I find it kind of calming.
With it so cold and snowy you can't open the doors and windows to let in the fresh air and purge the sickness smell!!!

F

flutterbee

I hope they feel better soon. This virus is really violent and it's been revisiting....just keep that in mind.

If it gives you any peace of mind, anytime I had to clean up vomit, I never came down with it. LOL I must have been more thorough with disinfecting when I had to clean it up.

totoro

I hope it doesn't revisit N, it is so sad. She seems like such a big girl at times. But right now I realize what a little baby she still is, my little 3 yo. She is next to me passed out on the couch. K has had a cough, I hope she doesn't get it like N. It takes K so much to go down like N.
I am just going to dip husband and myself in Lysol!!!

dreamer

Totoro- LOL- I replied and then went to tend to a few things and got to thinking- I shoulda offered to DO your laundry FOR you! I sure would in a heartbeat- I sincerely really would.
I am thinking it is maybe worse, too, cuz of disrupted sleep from wee ones being ill?

So now that I came back and see more replies etc here...... ah well- just to confirm I am as weird as you think? LOL------um, it has been frigid cold here- well below zero ? I STILL keep my bedroom window open....LOL. I also still keep car windows cracked. I am still running around in panties and tank top cuz even with thermostat set at only 65 I am still too warm.but...I am trying hard to not freeze my family, LOL. (altho my kids are more like me and they also like it cooer) So- airing out here would not be quite as much f a difficult issue.
Laundering the bedding, tho? YUK for MY bed, cuz it is King Sized full float waterbed, and the bedding is SO bulky- so yeah, I can sympathize with you. And when my kids were little, we had bunkbeds, and they were against the wall on 3 sides (wedged in the bedrooms) and stripping the beds and makeing them WAS awful! I am grateful recently cuz my washer and dryer had been non working for 2 years.and I had been struggling to go to laundrymat.....and YUKK when there was illness or situations that generated extra laundry, ACK! That was ESPECIALLY awful!

Oh I just remembered a little detail.my kids always had (and still do) all these lttle blankies..throws......cutesy pillows etc? I mean a LOT of them..and UG, they used to manage to hit those, as well- YUK!

Nope, I absolutely do not envy you right now------and I am hopiing it is a short lived thing, and also am hoping hard YOU do not catch it, too!

On a side note, I am thinking I might not hate doing laundry so much right now becuz of how difficult it was when I was so sick myself for so long, and now it is far far less challengeing, so maybe I am more just not as disturbed by doing it now that it is so much easier for me? (does that make sense?)

Gosh I hate when the kids are not feeling good-----partly it is so time consuming, and can be a lot of work..partly it makes me feel so powerless to make their world ? perfect?
Yup, while mine ARE makeing it to the bathroom this week, today all day my oldest difficult child has been crying quietly and has mostly wanted me to simply sit beside her by her bed.....while she cries quietly, and she begs me mommy, make it better.....and yesterday and day before it was my youngest kid doing so-------thankfully easy child handles it alone, sleeping it off in solitude- which is what SHE did Sun and Mon. (while I was trying to do so Mon and Tues)
LOL- now- ironically, I am a nurse..BUT......I became a nurse not to be around ill people, but instead to do what I could to help them feel more comfy. LOL. I get frustrated when there is little I can do to make someone more comfy. LOL. (I imagine most of us feel that way?)

I also can say- in our house, moms magic cure for almost anything is-----take a bath soak.......then a nap. Thats just SO high tech, huh? LOL. Our bathtub has been VERY busy this week. I think the one day my son took FOUR baths.......(and slept in there twice, yeesh, LOL)

Sending lots of wishes for wellness to you and your home!!!!!!!!!

oh, PS- my bedding always had to go to laundrymat cuz of it being so big and bulky it never fit in my washer or dryer, LOL. Ah but it is sooooo cozy!

F

flutterbee

T -

Several years ago I had the flu that led to bronchitis and I was down for about a week. It was really feeling like a sick house and even though it was really cold outside, I opened the windows a couple of inches. I just need fresh air. I'm sure my furnace was working overtime, but I didn't care.

I hope you get some rest and that those babies feel better soon.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
This virus is really violent and it's been revisiting....just keep that in mind.

OH, yeah. I can vouch for that. I'm in my 2nd week of the darn thing. Last wed I thought I just might be getting over it..... Only to have it hit again even worse on thurs. And I'm still fighting it.

It ran thru the whole family. We are in various stages of "getting over" it.

Believe me, you don't wanna see my house.:thumbsdown: I've got tons of catch up cleaning to do. blah

Sending huge hugs for the kids. On a brighter note, Darrin and Aubrey were the only ones who didn't have it for very long. (only a couple of days)

Hugs

Crack that window open, just a little.

The cold, fresh air has got to be better than the infected, stagnant air. Kick the heat up a bit, bundle up, and air out he rooms one at a time. Just go into a different room than the one being aired out.

And for goodness sake, take care! Sending cyber-tea and chicken soup.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
I really hope I didn't send it to N. This is a nasty bug going around this year. I hope your little one feels better soon. I went outside for the first time today since Tuesday. Not sure I was ready but I was ready if you know what I mean.

Sending hugs.

Beth

klmno

Just wanted to offer HUGS! I feel for you- I thought you really only had 5 loads, which is plenty enough for one day, but after reading your post---
:full:
Wow! Sorry you're having a day like this-

dreamer

OK um totoro? When did you do that spiderpig thing? (darn my webtv won't let me do any of that stuff)
I do not know most movies and such, now nothing about videogames etc BUT my son is obsessed with spider pig......he walks around chanting spiderpig spider pig, does whatever a spiderpig does--all the time! He LOVES it! LO- thanks for the chuckle, I called him in to see your spiderpig!

jannie

trying to survive....
Oh my !!:bow::ill: I sure hope everyone is now feeling better. What a mess--Tonight you desserve :bath::liberty:a great big hug !!!

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ugh. That has got to be the worst.

easy child son used to throw up EVERY time I'd make anything with mushrooms. I think it was a psychological thing, but it was there. (Toss in that I LOVE mushrooms so it was a hard thing for me to give up.) He'd have just a smidgen of a mushroom...I'm washing sheets in the middle of the night.:furious:

Hope you all feel better soon!!

Abbey

totoro

Thank you everyone... N ended up sleeping a little bit this afternoon. Couple more trips to the bathroom. Bad cough. She said "I don't think I will be feeling better yet tomorrow Mommy", so cute!
We got her to drink a very healthy blueberry smoothy with no dairy. Fresh sheets a backrub and to bed.

11 loads of laundry... and yes I did open the door upstairs... even though it is snowing an inch an hour!!! We have received over 9 inches so far today.
K seems OK so far.
My throat hurts a little. Hoping it is just the medication increase?

Thanks for all of the Soup and well wishes and thanks for the LOVE!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Toto -

Sorry you were puked on. (got to say that was kinda funny about husband being the target of his daughters arrow) Sorry Mr. Toto - been there done that -

I hope everyone is feeling better -

If you need to send Moosie to me - I'm here to puppy sit.

Sending long distance hugs, lysol and candles for the eminent blackout.

Give the babies a hug for me.

Give yourself a hug for me -

STar

Wiped Out

Staff member
I'm sorry. My husband can relate. difficult child vomited all over his bedding Friday night-husband got up to handle it as I am just not good with stuff like that. Then this afternoon poor difficult child had diarhea(sp?) and it went all over the bathroom-yup husband had to clean it again-then difficult child did the same thing all over again about 5 minutes later-yup husband had to deal with it yet again.

I hope everyone gets well soon and stays that way!