Anyone want to talk about TV shows?

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
It's been a pretty satisfying few weeks on my favorite TV shows...

Survivor: I think Rob nailed Russell's failure (again) with his comment that Russell played "to be in the finals, but not to win" because of his refusal to accept the importance of good social skills. After Rupert was eliminated, I hoped that Sandra would pull off a blindside and she did. :thumbsup:

Celebrity Apprentice: I suppose that Holly should probably win but I've fallen in love with Bret (Richard isn't jealous because he knows he will always be my main man) and enjoy that he grew up in this area. I sure hope his latest series of deadly health issues are on the mend. Tonight is the finale- I wonder if he will be included in his hospital room? Anyway, it was a satisfying final two for me.

Gray's Anatomy: Holy Moses, this was the best two part finale since THE BOMB episodes (Season 2?). I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

GLEE: I'm a total GLEEK. Neil Patrick Harris and Idina Menzel were perfect foils. Best music of the season.

DWTS: The final 3 are well deserved. I wish they'd get people who really don't have any dancing experience since it stacks the deck in their favor...but since all 3 do, I'm rooting for Nicole.

The Bachelorette starts Monday!

And to satisfy my *inner 15 year old*...

The Hills: There is no question that *Speidi* have both lost their minds.

The City: Joe has to be one of the dumbest bosses EVER---does he have any idea how stupid he looks? Anyway, I love it that evil Olivia is getting exposed and the smile on Erin's face at the end of this week's episode was priceless!

Enough about me.............What are you watching?

Suz

Last edited:

DammitJanet

Suz....I dont watch any of the shows except Celebrity Apprentice, DWTS and AI.

Now I want Bret to win so badly even before the brain bleed. I am utterly amazed how well he is doing with that. I saw him on Oprah the other day and he was being filmed from his rehab room. Amazing. He is speaking much better this soon than I was at that stage in the game. He is still having motor function issues with his lower body though. He didnt lose his upper body I noticed. He can still use his hands and arms which is amazing. He still has headaches which is normal.

On DWTS, you know I want Derrick and Nichole to win. I love Derrick. I could watch him all night.

On Idol, my three favorites that I picked from the beginning got to the last three and now its down to the two that I picked to be in the finals so I am happy either way it goes but I suspect Lee unless Crystal can really bring it down. Lee killed it with Simple Man last week.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
The only TV I watch is Grey's and more recently I flip between The Marriage Ref and Private Practice.

I could not BELIEVE Grey's finale! Holy smokes, it was intense and just had me holding my breath at times. I hated that Lexi told Karev she loved him though. I liked her and McSteamy together. WOW! Even H watched it with me and he hates that show.

But now it's no tv for me till fall I guess.

Last edited:

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Oh, for heaven's sake........how could I have left out American Idol?

Janet, I'm so thrilled with the final two. Crystal has been my girl since the first time I laid eyes on her. I do think that Lee will win, though, and I can live with that as he's got a great voice and seems like such a good guy. Either one will make a great winner and the final 4 will all get record deals so I'm a happy camper either way.

The last I heard, Bret is back in the hospital with TIA ("warning stroke") and a hole in his heart. This is after the brain bleed you described and after his Oprah appearance- it happened late last week. Here's a new article... http://www.usatoday.com/life/people/2010-05-21-bretmichaels21_st_N.htm

Jo, I liked Lexi and McSteamy together, too. Carev was hallucinating and thinking she was Izzie when she said all of those things to him. At first I thought it was that she was willing to say anything to help him pull through. I wasn't sure by the end of the episode. I guess they'll work on that storyline next season.

Once again I vote for Cristina or Bailey to win an Emmy. They amaze me.

Poor Meredith and her miscarriage... :9-07tears:

Suz

Last edited:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I also felt bad for Meredith's miscarriage--I did tear up a bit with that one.

I think this season had exceptional acting all around, but definitely Christina and Bailey were at the top of their game.

I have to say that I wish it were that crazy girl that got killed instead of Reed, though Reed wasn't one of my faves either. I know, that's horrible, but it's just a show! lol.

I didn't realize that Karev was hallucinating about Izzy. How did I miss that? It was a long show and there was so much to take in.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow. I'm out of touch.

I don't watch any of those.........and haven't heard of most of them. lol

My current fav is NCIS.........but that's because I can watch it every night in rerun and they're still new to me. :tongue:

donna723

Ask me next Friday! Honestly, Suz, the only one of those shows I ever watch is Greys Anatomy, and I'm fanatical about that one. There's only a very few network shows that I watch and that's one of them. But a while back my 14 year old TV decided to bail out on me and I've been saving up for a new one. I still have sound on it but the picture is reduced to a 1" high multi-colored stripe across the middle of the screen! Didn't bother me too much because usually I'm just listening to it while I'm in the next room on the computer - glorified radio. But then came the season finale of Greys! OMG! I was listening to it on the TV while frantically reading what was going on from an ABC message board ("OMG! He shot Alex!")! I'm almost glad I didin't watch it - they might have been carrying ME out on a stretcher! And I know I can watch the full episodes on the ABC website but my computer now has no sound! Too bad I couldn't have coordinated the two of them!

But by next Friday I should have a brand new HDTV and they're coming Friday afternoon to hook up my new satellite receiver - the one I have now is almost an antique and can't get HD programming. Just a few days too late ... dang!

JJJ

LOL

I don't watch anything y'all watch.

My shows

1. Drop Dead Diva - Lifetime, 2nd season starts June 20th

2. Leverage - 3rd season starts in two weeks

3. V - season finale last week

All totally different from each other - but amazing actors.

Kathy813

Staff member
I was just thinking that we don't discuss DWTS and other shows anymore.

Anyway, here are the ones that I watch:

Gray's Anatomy: Holy Moses, this was the best two part finale since THE BOMB episodes (Season 2?). I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.

GLEE: I'm a total GLEEK. Neil Patrick Harris and Idina Menzel were perfect foils. Best music of the season.

DWTS: The final 3 are well deserved. I wish they'd get people who really don't have any dancing experience since it stacks the deck in their favor...but since all 3 do, I'm rooting for Nicole.

The Bachelorette starts Monday!

Gray's Anatomy: I agree! That was the best finale ever. husband came in to talk to me in the middle of the OR scene and I bit his head off. I apologized later. LOL I agree that Lexi told Karev that she loved him due to the circumstances but that his calling for Izzy will be the end of that relationship. Shonda Rhimes said in her blog that there is definitely hope for Mark and Lexie next season.

Here is a link to the Shonda Rhimes interview at Entertainment Weekly:http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/05/21/greys-anatomy-season-finale-scoop/

Glee: I'm a Gleek, too! Love that show . . . right up there in my top five.

DWTS: Is there any doubt who I will be pulling for . . . my beloved Maks and his beautiful partner Erin. I love the two of them together . . . if I can't have him then I think he will be happy with Erin so I give them my blessing. I disagree, Suz, about the last three having equal past dance experience. Nichole danced as well as the pro's since the first night. husband came in one night while Nichole and Derrick were dancing and he asked me which one was the pro dancer.

Now . . . for the Bachelorette . . . I wasn't crazy about Ali on the last Bachelor season but I will watch. The spoiler site that I read has already identified the last two standing. I like to know ahead of time so I can watch for clues of the relationships developing.

Another favorite that you didn't mention was Brothers and Sisters. I love the cast of that show.

~Kathy

Last edited:

Wiped Out

Staff member
I don't watch much of what everyone is watching but I do watch a few.

Glee-Love it-what a great show!!!

DWTS-Watch parts each week. I'm pulling for Evan. I agree they shouldn't have people with dance experience.

Gray's-I don't watch at all but watched part of the season finale-looked good.

I also watch:

Criminal Minds
Law and Order SVU
Supernatural
Project Runway-but that's been done for a while now.

jal

Luv Drop Dead Diva - Can't wait for the return.

Grey's I've missed a few this season.

LOVE Modern Family

Love Desperate Housewives.

And Real House Wives of NY, CA, & NJ...Didn't even watch GA

Nancy

Grey's Anatomy I was on the edge of my seat too Suz. Christine and Bailey were great. Poor Meredith, but she did come through in a crisis.

Dancing With The Stars I wish they would get contestants with no dance background too, it does make it unfair to the others. But I like the last three so I'm good.

Celebrity Apprentice I wonder what they will do tonight since the fianle is live. I am addicted to Snapple Ice Tea so today I bought a six pack of Holly's Compassionberry Tea at the grocery store. They also had Brets but it's low calorie and from what I saw on last weeks show it's not suppose to be very good. I'm sure they tweaked the taste though before releasing it.

Lost So glad it's finally over. So many stories to keep track of but couldn't stop watching. Although even if I missed several episodes it didn't matter.

Bachelorette Can't wait!!!! At least we have something to watch during the off season.

Nancy

flutterby

Fly away!
I don't watch any of those.

I watch: The Mentalist, NCIS (both), Law & Order (both), Burn Notice, Leverage, White Collar, psychiatric, Bones, and House.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
haha...it looks like Jo and I were posting to Donna at the same time. Thank goodness for hulu! :D

JJJ, I also love Drop Dead Diva and am looking forward to the new season starting. Great premise and the gal who stars in it is great. (can't remember her name)

Heather, unfortunately The Mentalist conflicts with my other Thursday night shows. I love Simon Baker and I really enjoy the show. I try to catch the repeats when my other shows are over.

I also watch "The Wives of..." NYC, OC, and sometimes NJ. Where on earth do they find these women???

OMG, I need a life...lol...gotta goooo....Celebrity Apprentice is on!

Suz

M

ML

We started watching Lost a few months ago via dvd. We've watched seasons 1-4 since February and 5 is on order. Even though it ends tonight with the season 6 finale we'll have to wait for it to come out on dvd. It has been addicting.

AI - Either one is fine. Manster and I watch it every week and will miss it when it's over.

donna723

Suz and Jo - Electronically, I'm in this weird transitory state. This is so pitiful! I listened to the whole thing Thursday night on a TV with no picture. I watched most of it today on the computer with no sound. Between the two of them, I've pretty well pieced together what happened. Hopefully, by next Friday, I should be able to do it all at once, in the same room! :thumbsup:

Can't wait for the start of next season!

muttmeister

I don't know if it's because I'm OLD:whiteflag: or just because my brain is a little strange :tongue:but I don't watch hardly any of the shows you all do.
My favorites are Big Bang Theory (I know lots of people just like them), NCIS, NCIS LA (I think L.L. Cool J. is really cute even if I am old:redface:), the original CSI, The Mentalist, and my new favorite, Castle. Also, I got hooked on FlashForward. I think the season finale of that is this Thursday - should be interesting. I'll be glas when it's over because it conflicts with my local PBS gardening show so I've been having to tape that.