Anyone with a Nook want to trade books?

Jody

I love my Nook. Absolutely love it. I am checking to see if anyone who has a Nook wants to use their lend me option and trade books with me. Trying to take advantage of the free stuff. I have a couple that I can trade too. Auschwitz and Stealing faces, and I will check on some other titles and see if they are lendable. I like Western, Suspense, Mystery, Murder, Romance. Informational books, History books. The only thing that I don't care for is books about Vampires, Demons, and Science Fiction.

DammitJanet

Send me your email addy in pm and I will email you a few books. Get calibre to download them from your computer to your Nook.

DammitJanet

There is a little thing on the bottom of the book that says lend when you see the book in your library on the BN site.

H

HaoZi

B&N also has a program you can download to read Nook books on your computer just like there's a Kindle for easy child program.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
There is a little thing on the bottom of the book that says lend when you see the book in your library on the BN site.

So when you see that "Lend" thing, then what? Click on it to email it to someone? And if I lend it, is it still available to me? And if it's not, how long till it is? IOW, is there a time limit to read something if it's lent to you?

Jody

I haven't figured it all out yet but I am working on it. If it has a lend me on it and you lend it to someone you do not have access to it, just like if you lent them your book. The person who is given the book as a lent item, has two weeks to read that book and then it goes back to the owner. You can do more than one book at a time, but you have to complete them in 14 days. I beleve that the books are sent to your email address and then you download them to your nook. Janet was able to send me some books to my email address and I put them in a file on my computer when I go home tonight I will then save them to my Nook. I cannot put my Nook down and I take it with me everywhere. It's slim and Lightweight. You can get on the internet with it. Very cool and worth the money. I paid 109.00 at Walmart for it.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Hey Jody, I have a Nook - had it since it came out, so it's the older version. Now that I have an iPad, I don't use it much, but I keep my account because I have a Nook App on the iPad I use instead...it is much more user friendly. Anyway, I have some books on my Nook I can lend, though not many. Let me know if you want a book or two to read when you're ready and I will figure out how to send it to you (PM me your email). H uses my Nook now, but he and I don't read the same type of stuff.

Jody

Thanks Jo,

I sure will. What does he read maybe I have something he would like to read also. I have a bunch right now, but will check with you in about two weeks. Thanks so much.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Thanks Jo, I sure will. What does he read maybe I have something he would like to read also. I have a bunch right now, but will check with you in about two weeks. Thanks so much.

He likes documentary style reading, sometimes sci-fi mystery. But H is an incredibly slow reader (he falls asleep) so two weeks wouldn't be enough for him, lol. If you have anything you believe he may be interested in, please let me know. Thanks !

H

HaoZi

Just as an FYI, there are sites like Smashwords.com that have free and cheap ebooks available in many formats for downloading. It's indie writers, not big names, but you never know what you might find that you like.