Anyone with a toddler under say 3/4 who has a hard time with messy eating

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by DammitJanet, Jan 22, 2012.

1. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

2. Lothlorien

Lothlorien Active Member Staff Member

Those are adorable!!!! I wish they had those when mighty mouse was little!

3. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Um...I have a question.
    The spoon and fork, I recognize. Make perfect sense.

But...what is that thing in the middle? The one that looks like a bulldozer?

I suspect Tyrannosaur would be far to entertained by the construction truck theme to actually eat anything with them. They would find their way to the toy box.

4. Kathy813

Kathy813 Well-Known Member Staff Member

The bulldozer pusher is described by a reviewer as a "'pusher', which replaces a finger to help push food onto the fork and spoon.

5. DammitJanet

On the girls set it looks sort of like a h o e, because those are in a flowery pattern.

6. trinityroyal

trinityroyal Well-Known Member

Oh. I've never heard of a "pusher" and was completely confused. Thanks Kathy.

7. DammitJanet

Well neither had I but toddlers arent known for having neat eating skills. They eat with their fingers. If they cant get their food on the fork or spoon, they push it on with the other hand....hence the pusher. I think someone came up with a great idea. Now obviously a parent is going to have to show the kid how to use these things but a little boy who loves trucks will get the idea of a bulldozer pushing his food onto his spoon or fork. Or it seems so to me.