Apologies about the CD Card List

Star*

call 911........call 911
Dear Family,

This year seems like it was a disaster -

First of all my sincerest apologies for leaving our Shari & Totoro off the list. If you would like to send either of these gals a card - PM me or Tired Mommy for their addresses. (Thanks TM). I have no excuses, nor would I make any at this point.

Next - to my Canadian, and New Zeland Friends. Your cards were mailed very late and should have been mailed very early. Apologies again.

The lists are typed and sent in my card to you all. Each year I try to have everything done by the first week in November and send them out by Thanksgiving. This year instead of being so uptight with deadlines I decided to be a little looser, allow some room for change, additions and not be so stringent because it seems I'm always having to tell someone - "Sorry the list is closed." and that made me feel really awful.

SO.....this year....I went the laid back, non-uptight, easy-peesy, non-conformist route and wasn't my usual organized self (plus I've been dealing with a few other added blessings) :tongue: and this is what I got. YUK.

So now as I sit here drinking my Maloxx. Popping Prilosec - I realize I like being stringent, and running a tight ship on a schedule. I think I hurt more feelings this year....and for that I am so very sorry. I would never EVER EVER uninclude anyone on purpose.....cross my heart.

Next year? IT'S THANKSGIVING DEADLINE - FYI - and that's my final answer. SO plan now - accordingly. And for our Canadian and international friends? You'll have your envelopes by Dec. 1st - guaranteed. 2010.

Matter of fact - if you want to sign up now for 2010 - I'm up for it. ;)

Seriously - Shari - Totoro & Canadians & Janie - I'm really sorry.

Hugs & Love ---
Star

muttmeister

Star: I really find it hard to believe that anybody is that upset and that that many feeling were hurt. From my point of view, I'm just thankful that you were willing to do this and I think you deserve a pat on the back. Nobody does a perfect job at anything but we do the best we can. Who can ask for more? Thanks a bunch.

Mattsmom277

Star, you do this every year for us all. Its a ton of work and such a nice thing to do for everyone. Don't beat yourself up for having a roadbump along the way!

I haven't recieved a list yet actually, so I'm wondering what people think ... I have the cards purchased but they would earliest make it to mail boxes in canada next week and either late next week or a day or two into the new year in the US. THe new zealand ones probably a week or so into the new year. So, what do you all think about recieving a Easter Card from me? I could hold the list and send them all out a few weeks before Christmas (not meaning I want easter cards in return, this would be my part of the exchange for the cards already buzzing round the mail system on their way here).

If you'd prefer the christmas card late, that's fine :) But I don't mind at all sending easter cards, it is one of those lovely holidays but not one that usually people get cards for. Might be a nice change to send one out to you all.

Again Star, you're terrific!!! Nothing to apologize for!

trinityroyal

Star, no hurt feelings here. Honestly, I'm so grateful to you for maintaining our Christmas Card Tradition year after year. I'm looking forward to sending out New Year's greetings. And yes, please do sign me up for 2010. I will confirm closer to Thanksgiving, just to make sure ;-)

Trinity

DammitJanet

Star...lol. You poor thing. I havent even got my own card up on the website and here you are worrying about the list! Honestly...we are a pair...lol.

KTMom91

I just mailed the last cards today...if you aren't in the US, we'll call it a New Year's card! And Star, yes, please, put me on the 2010 list. I love getting (and sending) cards!

susiestar

Roll With It
Star - STOP BEATING UP MY FRIEND!!!!!!!!

You did FINE. No one is perfect. That is why Christmas is welcome all year round. Haven't you heard of Christmas in July?????

The cards will get here when they get here. They will get sent when they get sent. Period.

Don't you have something more interesting to use your brain and worry power on? I could probably list five or six things if you need me to!

M

ML

Thank you for all your hard work, Star. We appreciate you so much. Please don't worry about a thing. I agree with Heather, it's nice getting cards after Christmas too!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
... What Muttmeister said...

If I were Janie... or Canadian :tongue: I'd think of it as an EARLY Christmas card for next year! Besides, the people/person who needs to apologize is ME, cuz I seriously doubt I'll be getting anything in the mail before Thursday this week. And I wouldn't even be getting them out at ALL if it weren't for you Star, so put yer Maalox away and relax. You did us all a service out of the kindness of your humongous heart and for that I'm guaranteeing EVERYONE is grateful! :D

Merry Christmas everyone!

ctmom05

Star,

Even tho I didn't participate in the card list, I'd like to give you a warm hug for doing what you do to make the holiday a little brighter for others.

Marguerite

Star, I wasn't going to participate this year, since it took so long for last year's card to get to you.

BUT - we just got home from the theatre tonight and your card was in the letterbox! THANK YOU - I wasn't expecting one from you this year.

So, tomorrow I'm heading to see my physiotherapist again and the post office is right next door. While I was in there today buying stamps I noticed the village Christmas cards I had been trying to buy for you last year, are finally IN! You know, the ones with our summer Santa dangling his toes in the water at the beach or fishing in the bay. I was thinking, "What a pity it's too late to send them to the US. Maybe I still could..."

Well, I'm going to now.

Thanksgiving is the deadline, you say? Let's see if you can get it before Thanksgiving!

Marg

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Star, you're silly to think anyone would be upset. Really, thank you for your labors in getting it together and out to all of us at all! And I don't care if a card or two or three comes after Christmas - it's the thought behind the card that counts and I still feel the love, honey! As a matter of fact, I have two people that I haven't been able to stop and get their cards stamped - it's highly unlikely they will receive their cards until after Christmas. No worries. It's all about the love. :peaceful:

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Really, Star? Seriously? You think my panties are in a twist because of this???

Heck, even when I was making comments about not getting the list on the other thread, I smiled every time I did it. Had a little fun with it, yes I did....

Honey, "it ain't no thang."

As I said, January is such a let down after November and December...this way some folks will get a nice little pick-me-up to help ring in the new year!

Starbie..you do a great job. You have a life outside of the Recorder of the CD Card List...don't apologize for that!

TerryJ2

Feel better, Star. I want you up to drinking bubbly instead of Maalox.

I just mailed 30 cards this a.m. and am writing more at the moment. If they all go out by the 25th, I'll be amazed.

You're in good company!

I too, didn't participate this year, but wanted to thank you for taking the time to handle this project - - -

Someone mentioned cards at Easter? I have a thought too - - - - all of the warrior moms/dads should get cards on Mother's Day (or Father's Day) from each of the board members that want to participate. Only this group of individuals on the CD board can really understand and appreciate what it is like to be a mother/father of a difficult child.