Appalling letter from a neighbor of an boy with autism.

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
I just saw this on Huffington Post and nearly fell out of my chair. While I can understand that living in close quarters to a disabled child might lead to annoyances, this should have been taken up with the parents on a face to face basis.

The sheer venom of this "person", and I use the term loosely, is appalling.

Wiped Out

Staff member
I read this yesterday and just couldn't understand why anyone could have so much hate in them. Sigh...

LadyJ9

Agreed! I heard about this and really was disgusted with the vitriol that this person spewed out in that letter. What gives you the right?!

DammitJanet

I heard somewhere on TV that people wanted this person found and wanted to prosecute it as a hate crime. Some judge or lawyers or something like that said it didnt reach the qualifications for a hate crime though. Maybe an illness isnt one of the covered areas like race, gender and nationality.

helpangel

I use to have next door neighbors with attitude like that letter writer, though they rarely said anything to me; my sister in law happened to work with neighbors mother so she got to hear all about what my kids were doing and how all of it was my fault because I was a lazy horrible mother etc.

I think back to one day when Angel was a couple hours into one of her rages, neighbor came out and screamed at me to "shut my lunatic kid up" my response was "I would if I could - for the love of God will you please call 911 I NEED HELP!" Thinking back it was 6 police cars and more then an hour before we got her into the ambulance that day.

Back then one of my standard lines was "walk a mile in my shoes and I bet at the end of the day you crawl into a vodka bottle and stay there" -my ulcer was actually a blessing because without it I would have turned into a drunk for sure.

Nancy

C

Confused

That is so sad. I still cant believe people are so mean like that. I was about to cry when momma started crying and I smiled when I saw her boy so happy with the neighbors :)