Appetite supressants?

Star*

call 911........call 911
Do they work?
What have you had success with?

I don't want to be jumping like a June bug - but I can't possibly drink any more water.

Star,

I haven't used appetite suppressants so I can't help you with this. I just want to let you know that you are doing a great job!!! Leading a healthy lifestyle is lots of hard work - the understatement of the day, lol!!!

I read that you tried Trinity's method of having some protein with either fruits or veggies. Keep doing this when you have a snack. It really does help you feel more satisfied. Eat S L O W L Y ! ! !

No matter how hard the beginning of your healthy lifestyle plan is, stick with it. You'll see - It will get easier as time goes by...

If all else fails, keep repeating over and over and over ad nauseum to yourself, "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels." Take an article of clothing from your closet that you love and wish you could fit into again. Try it on once a week. Keep it in plain sight.

Sorry - Just looked at the time - I've got to RUN!!!

Remember, YOU CAN DO THIS!!! YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB!!!

And, thanks for making me :rofl: to the point my eyes are teary!!! WFEN

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
I don't know what the ingredient is in that MDX energy drink, but its the only energy drink that does anything for me, and it also curbs my appetite some.

That said, drinking it defeats the purpose of eating healthy, but whatever that ingredient is can be purchased seperately - which is what I did...I just can't think what it is right now!

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
Ah...love google...

Guarana and Taurine. It also has ginseng, but that doesn't do anything for me.

PersonalEnigma

Not that healthy but... coffee is a good appetite supressant. I usually only drink 1 cup a day, but lately have been drinking about 3 to cope with fatigue caused by the Paxil. If you don't overdo it though coffee isn't too bad (as long as you don't have a caffein issue).

DammitJanet

There are some appetite suppressants that wont kill you out there. I would go to your doctor though. You have had health issues.

Could you possibly have a reason to get put on topamax? Do you have headaches? Migraines perhaps? Do you think you perhaps have slight mood issues or nerve pain?

Topamax really helps with appetite for awhile. It has long since lost that ability with me...lol. Im thinking of asking my psychiatrist for an increase to 1000 mgs again or asking him to add that zonogram that smallworlds son is on.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Janet - I have migraines - and so many other things - I was on Topomax 2000 mg a day I didn't have headaches and I did loose weight - I lost my insurance and my doctor wouldn't let me make payments, I make just over the limit for medicaid and my boss won't cut my pay, and I make too much to be a communicare patient - and the free clinic doctor is foreign, and nods - and doesn't understand all my complexities. I'm checking into paying for insurance myself, but so far nothing affordable has come into view. And the insurance at work is a joke - and would cost me $200.00 a month.

But thanks for thinking of me - I haven't taken my diabetes medicine in 4 months and I feel okay - I've really had to watch the sugar and carbs - but I would have THOUGHT not eating crud like that would have caused weight loss. But thanks to being insulin resistant and having PCOS, and Metabolic Syndrome X - It really is a crud-shoot. I've done no carbs, only protein and gained 22 lbs. I take my prescription water pill and loose 3 lbs a day if I forget it/then take it. And like you - the arthritis and Raynauds syndrome play with my joints and bones - and if that isn't bad enough they told me I have Thalassemia trait (like severe anemia)and vasculitis. On top of that - I get migraines and somedays it just doesn't pay to gnaw through the leather straps.
lol - I am so much fun huh?

I'll try more fiber - Going to go eat some bark now.

Starbie the Panda Barbie - Eats chutes and leaves

Star*

call 911........call 911
Nomadic =-

???? If you are NOT supposed to have carbonated beverages - would the Perrier count as it is water?

Can you give some more examples of fiber?

Thanks

Bugsy

I lost almost 70lbs 10 years ago and put 30 on during a really bad year with my son. For a long time the only liveable moments was driving him so I lived at drive thrus. It's hard to eat salad and drive but it is way easy to eat a plain Quarter Pounder with cheese, of course with fries.

Anyway, I have taken the 35lbs off and here are my staple foods, big on fiber:

Fiber One Cereal (I put it on sugar free jello. I mix it with other cereal and beef of the amount of cereal. It gives more food and makes things crunchy.)

Chocolate Vitamuffins (it is in the freezer/breakfast section) I LOVE THEM (also lots of fiber) I eat 2 a day.

Check out the website hungrygirl.com Lots of good ideas

DammitJanet

Star...if you can get the free clinic doctor to even nod his head and stare...and write the damn application, I can send you the link to the forms to get the medications free from johnson and johnson. I am pretty sure you meant 200 mgs didnt you? If you were taking 2000 mgs then you were beating me and I havent heard of ANYONE taking more topamax than I was...lol. Heck...most folks look at me like I should be drooling in a corner when I tell them Im on 600 mgs.

M

ML

Star,

You might try the green drink I talked about. It's basically a vegetable smoothie. It's quite tasty too. Full of vitamins and fiber. I will post it again in case anyone is interested:

1 cucumber
2 tomatoes
1/2 container sprouts
1 bell pepper
1 jalapeno with seeds removed (I usually leave a few in for spice)
juice of one lemon
avacado
1 tbsp cold pressed olive oil
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp sea salt
Optional: green drink supplement

My friend who is battling cancer shared it with me and it's much better than it sounds. It's salad in a glass. You can omit the avacado and oil if you want but it *is* the good fats.

Hugs,

MicheleL

:faint:

What does it taste like?!?

Now THIS one is tasty:

blender
ice
full-fat, nothing added nothing taken away unflavored yogurt with active cultures
banana
sweeten to taste with honey, sugar, or diet soda (although I am not a fan of soda of any kind ~ but if you must, then let it be sugar free)

It tastes like a delicious banana milkshake.

You could probably sneak a carrot into it, or an avacado, and it would still be good.

The banana and the yogurt are what make it creamy.

I am curious about that green stuff, too.

They say it is very good for us.

Like wasabe?

Barbara

M

ML

It really isn't terrible. It's tasty. I bring it into work and people go "ewww" until they taste it. It tastes like a salad in a glass. I made the mistake of putting some of the jalapeno seeds in it yesterday and it was VERY spicy so I ate it with some tortilla chips (that part wasn't good for me).

Admittedly, yours does sound better :smile: :smile:

I wonder if all that is wrong with me too!!! I cant even pronounce all that stuff that Star put on her post. My joints ache too - I try and walk around 3 to 4 miles a day but fall short. Anyway, I would love to lose a few pounds too - my metabolism just stopped after I went through menopause. If I eat anything that tastes good it goes right to my thighs and sits there forever!!!!!

Star*

call 911........call 911
Janet - Nope - I was taking 2000 mg. I had 1-2 crippling migraines every month and a headache or migraine EVERY day for at least a year and was on Imitrex, and some other liquid that was So nasty, and then had to go off caffeine all together to take this other stuff- Frova for periods WITH the Topomax.

I will see if I can get in at the clinic. Thanks