Archway Cookies

susiestar

Roll With It
I was so sad when I heard that Archway Cookies had gone out of business. They had some of my favorite cookies.

We have a store that handles closeouts for retailers all through the US.

Right now they have pallets FULL of containers of Archway cookies, and they are all 2 for $1.

They even have boxes with 8 individual packs of cookies - the big boxes are also 2 for $1. They only come in Iced Oatmeal and in Iced Lemonade. I had never had the lemonade ones - WOW they are AWESOME!!

I am going over later today to get 10 boxes of the Iced Oatmeal packs and 10 boxes of hte Lemonade packs. I will then take these to Tyler's teacher when we go back to school. they don't do snacks every day, but some days the kids are just hungry.

I will miss Archway Cookies.

What was YOUR favorite flavor?

M

ML

Buy as much as you can afford and freeze them! I'm not sure I've ever had them but I haven't met too many cookies I haven't liked :)

donna723

There hasn't been any place for me to buy them here locally for a long time, but I blinked back a few tears when I heard they were going out of business! They were always my favorites, my secret little indulgence when I could get them. There was a kind that was like big, soft oatmeal cookies with raspberry filling ... :redface: ... they were TO DIE FOR!!!

Farewell, Archway cookies! You will be missed!

mstang67chic

Going Green
You probably don't want to hear this but I haven't eaten Archway in years. Why? Because I once dated a guy who worked in an Archway plant. We had to go there once during second or third shift for something and I witnessed too many dough fights and the sending of pranks down the line to be comfortable eating them. LOL

Actually, while I have no problems with the ice cream from Breyers, I have been known to wipe down the outside of the container when I get some. This is only because husband worked there for years and I heard way too many stories about the fourth grade type behavior from the guys who work in palletizing there. Oh the stories I could tell!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
If this is the same brand I'm thinking of, my fav was the windmill-shaped cookie with almonds in it. It tasted like gingerbread. That's sad to hear about the company. Our local grocery store had stopped carrying that line quite a while ago.

Wiped Out

Staff member
No wonder why poor husband couldn't find his Archway Christmas cookies this year. He loves them and would actually hide them at times from easy child and difficult child because they would gobble them down and not leave him any. They were the only food he ever hid from them! He will be sad to hear they are out of business!

susiestar

Roll With It
They have an entire PALLET of the raspberry filled oatmeal ones. I bought a bunch. They also have a bunch of sugar free ones, and hidden under some molasses ones, oatmeal cookies filled with apricot - my dad's fave.

But they had the most of the iced lemonade cookies. YUM. I am having to restrain myself.

husband went and picked up the $10 worth of the indiv packs of iced oatmeal and iced lemonade cookies. He is a good guy. Now to keep the kids out of them until school opens and I can give them to thank you's teacher!

donna723

There was another kind that was chocolate with nuts in it ... WONDERFUL! I used to always buy them when we lived in Florida but I haven't seen them in the stores here for a long, long time. :(