Are Kinoki detox foot pads a bunch of hooey?

Sue C

I saw the commercial for the Kinoki detox foot pads. It was pretty convincing to me. husband said it's a bunch of hooey. Anyone know anything about them? Anyone tried them? What do you think???? I'm tempted to order them and give them a try.

Thanks,
Sue

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I am curious about the pads. I know people who have had the detox foot baths and they say those are great and work! I am interested to hear if anyone has tried the pads. Maybe you should post this on the Natural Remedies board as well?

Josie

I haven't seen the commercial but I've read about these and I am tempted to order them, too. It does sound like hooey but I have tried other things that sound like that that actually work. That has opened my mind up to a lot of these things. Keep us posted if you try them.

ShakespeareMamaX

Hahahaha EVERYTIME I see those commercials, I have to scream "I want those!". I am a bit skeptical, though. I'll so some more research. In the meantime, if anybody gets to try them, please, keep us informed if it's worth the money.:)

Sue C

I did go ahead and also post this on the Natural Remedies forum. You can peek over there to see if anyone answers that has tried these.

Sharon -- My husband said the same thing as you...that it looks gross (well, he said disgusting). Then he laughed and added that they just went to bed with dirty feet. He doesn't believe they work at all.

I am still very curious and interested. You know, I'm thinking how a foot rub feels so good. So wouldn't it feel good to get all those (supposed) toxins out of your body through the bottoms of your feet? Kinda makes sense to me. I'll keep a watch on the two threads and keep thinking about trying them myself.

sue

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I know that reflexology is similar in that by pressing on certain pressure points in the foot, toxins are released and other parts of your body connected with specific pressure points in your feet are relieved as well. It's interesting. I had the reflexology done once and I felt great all over, not just on my feet and ankles. My neck and low back pain felt better, and my chronic (at that time) sinusitus was relieved and I had pressure headaches that went away. Hmmmm...

ShakespeareMamaX

OK...sorry. I''ve made MY decision. Some more helpful reviews:

110 People said Kinoki has helped them.

163 People said Kinoki has not helped them.

0 Complaints have been filed against Kinoki.

Sue C

OK, I have decided not to try these after reading ShakespeareMamaX's post above. I have a strong feeling that the people who were helped by the Kinoki pads had a placebo effect.

When I went to the links provided by SMX, one of the comments was:

"They had an expert doctor on [a TV program] saying that these pads are treated with vinegar which turns black after contact with perspiration. Mystery solved!"

Also, other comments were that if they poured water onto the pads, the pads changed to black. So, it seems that perspiration or water turn the pads black.

Thanks, SMX!

sue

scent of cedar

Thanks, Sue.

Even if we didn't have the courage to ask the question right out loud, I think alot of us might have wondered about this one! I know I did.

Vinegar, huh?

Those stinkers!

Barbara