Are Kinoki detox foot pads a bunch of hooey?

Sue C

I posted this in the Healthy Living forum, but someone suggested I post it here, also.

I saw the commercial for the Kinoki detox foot pads. It was pretty convincing to me. husband said it's a bunch of hooey. Anyone know anything about them? Anyone tried them? What do you think???? I'm tempted to order them and give them a try.

Thanks,
Sue

Sue C

I think it's just a commercial, but you have to buy them direct from their company. I feel better buying products from a "real" store. Like if Wal-Mart carried them, I could actually read what it says on the box..........and maybe ask the pharmacist what he/she thought about them.

sue

Sue C

OK, I have decided not to try these after reading ShakespeareMamaX's post above. I have a strong feeling that the people who were helped by the Kinoki pads had a placebo effect.

When I went to the links provided by SMX, one of the comments was:

"They had an expert doctor on [a TV program] saying that these pads are treated with vinegar which turns black after contact with perspiration. Mystery solved!"

Also, other comments were that if they poured water onto the pads, the pads changed to black. So, it seems that perspiration or water turn the pads black.

Thanks, SMX!

sue

Josie

I am going to try them on my daughter. On the Lyme boards, they get mixed reviews. Some people use them and can tell when they forget. Some have felt so bad the next day that they think they work too well. Some don't notice anything.

According to her Lyme doctor, it might be helpful to try to detox her. He did a test that showed she was high in toxins for a child. He didn't recommend these foot pads but I read about them on the Lyme boards. Anyway, it will be interesting to see what her toxin test shows when we go back if we use these pads. I am not sure I am a believer in the whole idea of the test and the detoxing but I am willing to experiment. I'm also going to try the foot pads on myself and husband and difficult child 1 if they cooperate to see if different colors come up on different people.

If you buy into the whole idea, I can see how perspiration and tap water would have toxins so that doesn't make me think the whole thing is a fake.

I'll let you know if anything interesting turns up in my experiment. I haven't see the commercial so I don't know if I am getting the same ones you are talking about. I ordered the Podipads.

Sue C

fairlyoddparent -- These were called Kinoki pads. I definitely will be interested to hear if your Podipads work!!!!

Thanks!
sue

N

Nomad

Someone I know suggested that it is very possible there is vinegar (acid base) and other ingredients on the pads. Combined with perspiration...a dark color is formed.