Are we done yet?

slsh

member since 1999
I am so over 2012. Really. Enough. Time out. Uncle already.

This has been such a horrible year, personally and for my board family - so much loss, so many challenges and backslides and new issues... just too much.

I propose that we start making plans for New Years - those of us who don't get out anyway ;) - so we can collectively, cooperatively, and unceremoniously boot 2012 off the calendar together. Perhaps if we joyously (and with great relief) welcome 2013 in together, it will be less of a forcefully inhaling year.

I'm bringing Baileys, M&Ms, and some grilled steak and onions (don't care if it's 20 below and the grill is buried in snow - I'm going to grill, darnit):bbq:

Anyone care to join me on the 31st??

tiredmommy

I got the bubbly! Maybe, if we ever get our dang closing date on the new house and can move, we can have the party there. Grr.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I got rum from Susies craft idea......I'm supposed to get beans......but I'm telling you what......i think I'm just sticking with RUM. I know why Captain Jack Sparrow kept asking "Why is the RUm always gone?" his entire crew was difficult children."

H

HaoZi

The 31st is my birthday, and I'm breaking out the Coke and Kahlua for it. Anyone drinking with me?

pasajes4

Can we start today? I am not a drinker, but I may need to start just to get through the next few weeks. I'll bring the cheese platter.

KTMom91

I'll bring the tequila and margarita mix, and also some homemade quesadillas and chile verde (courtesy of my mother in law, who will be happy to drink with us).

Can we do our nails? I'll bring the polish, do we like black and dark purple with glitter? pasajes4: yes, let us all start drinking right away. I'll also bring philly pretzels and mustard.

slsh

member since 1999
Oh yes, UAN!!! Excellent idea - mani/pedis all around. I'll bring the ridge filler, LOL.

HaoZi- Kahlua and coke - together? I love Kahlua but it's usually over the rocks or with- half and half. Hmmmm... will have to try that.

KTMom - chile verde really hits the spot. I keep watching the Food Channel and thinking that I want to try to learn how to make it, but... I burn water, so.... yeah, haven't been that ambitious yet.

TM - we can bring paint to help get your house in perfect condition (before the cocktails, LOL).

Pasages - boy, howdy, do I hear you. husband is ecstatic that egg nog is out and I'm thinking some liberal dosing with- Wild Turkey pre-New-Years is going to seriously be in order.

Starbie - wonder if joining Cap'n Jack's crew is an option????? Would be a lovely respite at this point. Arghhh.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Well, if we're gonna do Mexican food, I'm bringing chile colorado and rellenos, and my Mom who will bring homemade tamales. And several bottles of wine. You know we're all wineauxs!

2012 has had one bright spot, and that is the arrival of a MegaBean! (Starbie, I got the Bean, no need...)

JJJ

I'm making cheesecakes......indulgent, rich, melt in your mouth cheesecakes! Baileys, Kahlua, .....

flutterby

Fly away!
We've got rum and tequila already, so I'll bring the vodka, gin, triple sec, sour mix, and coke. I burn water, too, so I'll bring a veggie tray.

slsh

member since 1999
Menudo versus menudo - why did they name themselves after a soup??? But yes, Ricky Martin would add quite a bit to the festivities - maybe he'll bring Raoul with him.:dance:

trinityroyal

More bubbly, and I'll make the cheesecakes that I always make for parties. White chocolate with caramel sauce. AND they're magic cheesecakes, so you can eat all you want without gaining an ounce.

And a troupe of muscular men to swan around the party with trays of chocolate truffles. They may not speak, or even do anything but walk around, look cute, and feed us chocolate.