Are you guys still dieting??

DDD

I seem to remember that a bunch of you went on a health kick a few months ago. Am I right?

Well, even though I am a bit late, may I join you??

Two plus weeks ago I decided to change my diet and drop the carbs
that I didn't need. I've been surprised at my success. :thumb: It seems a little harder to manage myself this week so I figure I need some supportive friends. DDD

nvts

unfortunately, I've been on the See Food Diet. I "see" food and I eat it.

Just can't seem to get the ball rolling! But I am! (rolling that is!).

Beth

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Loth was kicking some weight loss booty!!! I think all of her weight went straight to my hips!!! LOL

But when we got the pup, I started walking again and cut sweets.... cut my portions... so far 2 weeks, I have lost 7 pounds!!! I need another 10-15 pounds to feel pretty good. and to tone up, especially my belly and b-u-typical teen.

Good luck to any one else still in it or trying or thinking about it... or just plain happy with themselves!!!

Oh, I need to go back on a diet. I know I gained some weight since the summer when I was on a diet. But I was so hungry, and now I am so gross. All I need is a month....If I say anything like this to my friends, or husband they will be mad. I'll diet with you DDD. I'll start tomorrow.-Alyssa

Star*

call 911........call 911
Well....I dunno

I mean I have been walking the dog, exercising and eating less - and NOW I can't get into ANY of my clothes - I've gained weight and don't get it.

Sitting sedentary, with a box of hoho's and wishing myself thin wasn't working either and NOW my feet hurt. haha

I don't get it.

The dog however has lost 13 lbs. The vet put him on thyroid medications and they are working wonders - wondering if I should take HIS medications. haha.

DDD

I just haven't gotten psyched into walking or exercising yet but
I'm going to try. Actually if I can find time alone at home I
could dance like a maniac and burn calories to my old Stones albums! :dance: Didn't Marie Osmond lose over twenty pounds on
DWTS's??????

Alyssa I'll be glad to partner up! I think Loth was the last one
that reported any numbers around here..lol. DDD

G

guest3

HAH! I should be, everyday I wake and say today is the day, pack my gym clothes and everything, and nope it never happens.

Someone was selling kadydids at work today , I though it was a flower or plant, until she put a box out to sample, need I say no more, $10 bucks blown and zillions of calories down the hatch!!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
DDD-Good for you!

I'm still exercising (although I did skip tonight-I try to go 5-6 days a week) and trying to eat healthy. I've been maintaining the weight I dropped and would like to drop about 5-6 more pounds.

JJJ

I need to, I find it incredibly hard as I am an emotional eater and somehow with 3 difficult children, I have a lot of stress LOL. I'd like to lose 80-100 pounds but I am having great trouble getting started...

Wiped Out

Staff member
JJJ,

I think getting started it always the hardest part.

Many people are emotional eaters-I am. I try to have healthy stuff to munch on when needed and also just don't buy as much so I can't eat as much when I'm stressed.

One thing that really helped me lose weight was drinking water. Before I started losing weight I never drank water-now I drink between 48-64 ounces ever day-it fills me up so I don't eat as much.

Have you considered Weight Watchers? For me it really helped-about 11 years ago I lost 70 pounds and have kept off 50 of them.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I always eat a healthy diet - I just sometimes eat too much.

H and I were thinking that we may give ourselves a membership to the gym for Christmas. I don't think he will go; he's a bean anyway at 6' and only 175 lbs. But he could use the stress relief that exercise offers. Also, I'd love to take a yoga or pilates class with him (those are my high interests). And they have a pool, steam room, hot tub, basketball room, weight room, trainers, and a lot of classes. We have to go do a tour because I don't know if it will be affordable for us at this time.

It's now too cold for a daily walk in the afternoons. Besides it's dark when I get home from work anyway and we have no streetlights here in the boonies. Just when I decided to start walking again! Was that a trick of my brain?? Another way of sabotaging myself?

Anyway, everyday is the first day of the rest of your lfe. So, even if you have to start over everyday, it's still better than giving up altogether, right??

I lost a total of 11 lbs and gained back 5.

Lothlorien

19 pounds so far!

I had lost 18, but then Thanksgiving weekend I had put about 3 pounds back on. It took this long to lose four pounds! So I'm back on track!

DDD, I've been doing low carb. Thing is, you have to watch the fat, too. Lower fat, low carb and high protein. I eat broccoli and cauliflower a lot. That helps to keep things moving (if you get my drift). I buy low carb tortillas and have a quesadilla for lunch almost everyday. Breakfast includes a veggie fritatta (usually leftover veggies from night before or frozen spinach). I have far less cravings and don't find the need to eat before bed. Plus, I don't get the shakes and find myself raiding the fridge an hour after I've eaten.

Hang in there. I lost 7 pounds the first week and then trickled down to losing about 1 to 2 pounds a week. There are weeks where you won't lose anything, but then suddenly you start losing again. YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

DDD

I started the week before Thanksgiving and I have dropped eight pounds so far. Another 15 would be terrific but a couple of pounds a week is ok. I don't know one diet from another, lol, but I know if I eliminate pasta, bread, rice and fattening things
that I'll lose.

My motivation method is a "tad" bit unusual...particularly because it sounds like like I am more religious than I actually
am. I decided to do this now as a means to work in conjunction
with God for my easy child/difficult child. I've been "turning it over" for quite
awhile and then :angel: it dawned on me that instead of just praying for him and passing it along that I should "do something"
to work in tandem with divine intervention. Does that make sense
to any of you??? Anyway, it makes sense to me and it has helped
me stick to my self-imposed diet rules.

So with every Dove bar I skip, I feel like I'm "doing something".
DDD

Please people, I don't want to know if Cutty Sark has carbs!
:rofl: on the other hand when I go to Court on the 18th, I should look a little sharper than the stress pigout Mama I was!

Lothlorien

Alcohol does not have carbs, or very, very little. Avoid liquers though. They have a lot of sugar.

Good for you! 8 pounds is a great start!