Are you ready for some football

mstang67chic

Going Green
Now that we're down to the final four, some allegiances may have changed. Who are you rooting for today?

Personally, I would love to see Eli Manning and the Giants make it to the Super Bowl. If my Peyton won't be there, might as well try to keep it in the family! On the other hand, I just want to see ol' Tom and the Pats get stomped. (Aaaack......where are the little emoticons???)

P.S. I'm a Senior Member? Does that come with Senior Discounts???

Sue C

Well, seeing how I live in Wisconsin, of course I'm rooting for the PACKERS!!! Did you hear that their coach froze the footballs in a freezer this week and made them practice with them frozen?

The windchill in Green Bay is waaay below zero. It's going to be hard for the players on both teams AND for all the poor fans sitting there! I hope no one gets frostbite or hypothermia.

Go Packers! Go Brett Favre!
Sue

SaraT

Well, I am not much of a football fan, but I want to see BOTH Mannings OUT of the superbowl. (Don't kill me mstang67). Its not that I dislike either one of them, but am just soooooooo tired of hearing about them. It'll be nice if the colts loosing out on superbowl will give me a break from hearing about them. lol

BusynMember

Packers! Packers! Packers!!!!!!!!
I'm hoping the cold weather helps us because it doesn't get THIS cold in NY. Also, I think we're a better team than the Giants. It's our game to lose. If we do lose, we don't deserve the Superbowl.
The Pats are going to win it all anyways, and, since I hate them (and Tom Brady) I sort of think of this game as the "other" Superbowl ;)
As much as I love the Packers, I wouldn't sit out to watch this game in this freezing weather for a million bucks. We're having a little party at my house.

Sara PA

I can control the outcome of a game. All I have to do is root for a team and that team will lose. I am accepting cash donations to root for or against a team. The winner will be the opposite of what I'm rooting for. PM me for the address where you can send the money.

M

ML

haha Sara I know what you mean. The Pats seem to be the superteam for sure. If I could just convince myself to go for them but I just can't. The Broncos broke my heart months ago so I'm not really emotionally involved. My dad was a huge Giants fan so at this point that is who I'm rooting for.

Well since the Pompous patriots won, I guess I'd like to see Green bay win tonight, ONLY because I think that they are the only team capable of beating New England in the Superbowl.

Honestly, if it is Packers/Patriots, I'd prefer if both teams lose.

Sara PA

The Giants are going to win this. No one expected them to be there. There's no pressure on Manning because everyone lowered their expectations for him and the Giants a month ago. And the pressure is on Favre to finally make it to a Super Bowl before he retires.

I'm stunned.

M

ML

I didn't realize Favre hadn't won a sb before. I basically think Green Bay is the better team and have the better chance of beating the Pats. But I can almost hear my dear father turning over in his grave right now! It is a GOOD game.

Sara PA

What's the matter with me? What am I thinking? Old age making me forgetful? Favre won a Super Bowl in 1996 -- beat New England. The next year they lost to the Broncos. We're Bronco fans around here. I even remember the game.

Never mind....

Debdeb1031

Yeah Baby!!!!!!!!! Let's Go Giants!!!!!!! We Not Only Beat Green Bay, But We Beat The Bias One Sided Refs Who Mustve Had Some Cash Lying On This Game!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
The only reason I like to see the Packers lose is because that is the team my folks go for ( I know it seems to be an adolescent thing but has to be done). Should be an interesting game for the super bow.

Beth

Penta

I don't follow football, but the Manning family lives in my former hometown and a stellar group as you can find...any team with one of their sons deserves a win. Although, I did grown up right outside of Boston...hmmmmm!