Argggg, he smoked us out of the house

crazymama30

And no, it was not with a cigarette or any other inhaled substance.

He was making cupcakes. Only my mom made garlic cheesy bread the other night and apparently did not put anything under it or clean up her mess. :grrr:

So I come home from taking easy child riding, and the house is full of smoke. He had a bowl of oatmeal before he started the cupcakes, and he took a huge bowl (we get the steel cut oats and cook a bunch and put it in the fridge) and never finished it, wasted all of it. Plus the bowl of cereal that he never finished. I really don't think his mind will slow down long enough to let him finish what he starts!!!

TerryJ2

Ohhh, I'm so sorry!

If it makes you feel any better, about 4 yrs ago, difficult child put a bowl of soup in the microwave with the spoon in it ...

Naw, didn't think that would make you feel better. :(

buddy

Darn! and the thought of the garlic bread smell into the cupcakes anyway is kind of.........?????? I have to admit making a few smokey messes in my life.

crazymama30

At least the smoke has cleared, and he cleaned up some of his mess with minimal coaching. Now, to see if he does the dishes when the timer goes off.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am SO SORRY!! The smell of burned garlic is HORRIBLE!!!! Want a funny story about this?

My bro is a history nut. Emphasis on NUT as in off his rocker, crazy stupid. He is IQ smart but common sense deficient. At age 16 or so he read that the pioneer whomevers used garlic tea to treat a cold. They took a clove of garlic and steeped it in a cup of hot water. Bro had a cold, so of course this is better than taking some cold medications. Being drunk off his azz only made this seem MORE rational, of course. At about 1 am he put an entire HEAD of garlic into a small pan with 2 cups of water (one didn't look like enough) and put it on the stove to boil (because boiling is better than steeping, ya know). At about 1:10 he passed out, of course. At about 2 the CAT got my parents up squawling her head off. She was SOOOOOO UPSET. My dad smelled something hideous and went running to find the water gone, the pan ruined, the entire HOUSE filled with smoke from the boiled up garlic.

It has to be really BAD before a cat gets upset if you burn something, at least with that cat.

EVERY item of clothing in the house had to be dry cleaned to get the stench out. Washing didn't do it. Bro had to work off hundreds of $ in dry cleaning, the cost of shampooing all the rugs and furniture, buying some new clothes for us to wear for a day or two until clothes came back from the cleaner, etc...

He didn't even wake up until the next morning - and of COURSE had no memory of even making the 'tea'!!

am sorry that he wasted so much and made such a mess and smoked you out!

TerryJ2

OMG. Poor kitty. Poor family! I hope he's a bit wiser now, Susie.

I hope your house smells better now, too, Crazymama.

susiestar

Roll With It
Um, not really. But last I knew he was sober. I cut him out of our lives almost 2 yrs ago so I don't deal with his bs and stupid stunts anymore. That s actually one of the more MINOR things he has done! At least he couldn't blame it on me.

CM, I also hope the house smells better now.

crazymama30

The smell is finally gone. He was really good about doing the dishes last night, and even good about doing his chores today, put his clothes away and did dishes again. he had a rough morning, but has settled down great. He has been cutting out and glueing anime pics all afternoon, one of his obsessions.