Argh!!!---don't ya' just hate those nights....

MagooGirl

---don't ya' just hate those nights when, after a string of really pleasant days with difficult child, you drop your guard just a tad (even though you know better) and WHAMMO..... you can't even utter half a syllable without difficult child arguing, correcting, pulling faces, rolling eyes, etc. etc.

Don't misunderstand, I'm thankful that it's 'only' verbal opposition/arguing/etc. - especially in respect to so many here who are struggling full-throttle with such difficult things (difficult child's running away, violence, addiction, Residential Treatment Center (RTC)'s, etc).

I know our lives involve defining a 'new normal' as a matter of course. But sometimes, after a stretch of really nice days - ya' know, those days where you can put your arm around your difficult child and realize you not only love them, but you actually like them - during those times I start to feel hopeful.

And then some magic switch gets flipped and "surprise!!" Tonight we couldn't even watch a program together as difficult child argued with every third thing uttered from the narrator's mouth!!!

*deep breath....okay, maybe another deep breath...*

Right, back to the battlefield I go........(thanks for letting me ramble)
~lisa

susiestar

Roll With It
Hon,

Please don't ever say it is "ONLY" verbal garbage. It is not "ONLY" anything. It is straight out difficult child behavior. Using the "ONLY" word simply makes YOU feel bad for not liking his unacceptable behavior. And while there could be other bad behaviors, verbal is just as wounding.

Sending good thoughts. I don't know much of your situation, but at 19 there ARE things you can do. Have you looked into transitional living or other plans to help him move out/go to school/move on with his life?

County services should have SOMETHING, as should post adoption services.

Sending hugs,

Susie

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Are you kidding? I hate any night that is interrupted by any type of difficult child behavior!

difficult child is difficult child - just depends on the difficult child! Understand what I'm saying - no? Well, it is early in the morning. I never quantify difficult child antics - my one good day may be your day from he!! & vice versa.

Here's to a better night this evening.

nvts

Ugh! I've been stuck at home for a week with the Demon Seed (difficult child 1) and I'm about at the end of my rope (which for all intents and purposes may as well have noose on it!lol).

I have succumbed to shouting, yelling and chasing him up to his room because he's been soooooo mean to EVERYONE except husband.

(I'm rocking forward and back saying "monday is coming, monday is coming!).

I think I will join you and we can "run screaming into the night!!!!"

AAAAAGGGGGHHHH!

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
I agree with SusieStar and what she said 100% -

it's never "just anything" - If he has an inappropriate behavior and he's wrecking the night - he goes to his room. (there are horror stories that go with that punishment too) but hopefully you can sent him away for a few minutes until he gets himself together and then go ask him if he can control himself and rejoin the family!

Hugs
Sta