Argh!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Dad, Dad, Dad, Mom, Mom, Mom, Dad, Mom...... That's difficult child calling down the stairs right now (he was tired and asked to go to bed but now wants to go to bed in our room)-still going on...

When am I going to get my allowance? When am I going to get my allowance? When am I going to get my allowance? When am I going to get my allowance? (repeat another 40 times at least).

What did you say? What did you say? What did you say? (insert anytime husband or easy child/difficult child and I try to have a conversation).

What time are we going to the club? I'm coming to the health club with you,What time are we going to the club? I'm coming to the health club with you, I'm coming to the health club with you. I promise I'll listen. I promise I won't dribble the basketball unless I'm on the court. We let him come-yep you guessed it-he isn't coming next time because he dribbled the ball all over the club.

Take me to Target so I can buy something, take me to target so I can buy something, take me to Target so I can buy something (repeat another 20 times even though we've said that we aren't taking him because he is saving his money for next weekend when he goes to Michigan's spring game).

Take me to Pet Smart, take me to Pet Smart, Take me to Pet Smart so I can a toy for our dog (repeat another 20 times at least even though we told him the same thing as we did when he wanted to go to Target).

Can you take me to the batting cages? (repeat 40 or 50 times)

Makes himself a lunch, eats too much (against our advice), goes outside vomits (he does this often), comes back in and tells me then gets mad when I tell him he shouldn't do it outside or our dog will lick it up. Starts yelling at me to shut the ***** up over and over.

When's lunch? (20 or so times) Almost as soon as lunch is over, What's for dinner? When is dinner? (repeat many times).

Are you going to boot camp in the morning? Do you have to go? (repeat another 20 times or so).

He knows we're listening to something so he purposely starts hammering things, doing things he knows will drive us nuts and then looks at us like we're ridiculous when we ask him to stop.

Yep-this is pretty much how my day has gone today (and sadly most days when we're home all day).

LittleDudesMom

OMG Sharon - I agree with DF, that was exhausting to just read -- I can't imagine that ALL day long!

"He knows we're listening to something so he purposely starts hammering things, doing things he knows will drive us nuts and then looks at us like we're ridiculous when we ask him to stop."

So is there a purpose in the repeating, vomiting, butting into conversations, etc., as well? In other words, does your gut tell you that he is in control in any of these situations?

Sharon

Wiped Out

Staff member
DF-Ugh is right and he was up this morning at 4:30 when we got up for boot camp. He must have called down good-bye about 20 times (while we were getting ready).

Sharon-The anxiety part or hyper focus part I don't think he can control right now. Also I don't think he has a lot of control over how hungry he is (medication related) but I do think he can control where he vomits. To an extent I think he can control the purposely trying to get our attention but even with that I'm not sure. We've been working on the not interrupting for years so I'm not sure how much he can control-some but not much.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Oh Sharon... Yes, that is SO exhausting!!! (And all too familiar, though we don't get the repeats, we get a constant running monologue.)

:hugs: