ARRESTED-Can anyone help?

B

bran155

Deni, what happened when you got to the police department? Did anyone there have any common sense and see that this is just absurd? Did you actually need to be bailed out?

Deni

bran155-When the Officer initially cuffed me, he told me that I was being arrested for Assault causing bodily injury (Class A Misdemeanor)and would have a 24 hour hold on me after I posted bond. They only had 3 Officers on duty at the time and the Officer that actually booked me in didn't really say much. He had actually responded the 1st time that morning. He did tell the arresting officer that I made a suicidal threat and I ended up being locked in phospital over night. That was a bunch of **** too. (see below for comment I made). Before CPS arrived, the arresting officer told me that he didn't want to put me in a cell and as long as I cooperated, he would drop the charge and walked out. I cooperated, he came back in, put me back in cuffs and said he was taking me to phospital and told me I was being issued a citation for Simple Assault (Class C Misdemeanor) Family Violence and put it in my pocket. While I was in custody, they told my mom that the charge didn't have a bond set which is ****! All Class C charges have a bond amount on them...how do I know this? Maybe bc I work for a police dept. My mother had contacted a bonds company who told her that police just say that to be A@@es! Imagine that! If the Officer truly thought that I had hit my difficult child in the head, he would never have made the comment that he would drop charges, trust me on that one!!!

While being booked in, the officer ask what happened that we had to call the police back out. I told him and told him that before the police arrived, my son made a threat to have me arrested and that he wished me dead. I told him that my son had me arrested and one day he would eventually get his wish. The officer ask what I meant and I told him that I would not always be around and difficult child would eventually get his wish. He told the arresting officer who said that was a suicide threat. I was blown away. I told him I was not threatening suicide by any means just saying that my difficult child is going to keep saying that and one day I will no longer be here for him and he will get his wish. (Geesh, I am not going to live for ever, nor be around for him to abuse forever.)

DDD

I'm assuming (hope I'm wrong!) that in your small community there is no "on staff" social worker or counselor who might help you get through this frightening time. Small town "personalitites" in positions of power can really ruin the quality of life for lots of people. I know it is true where we live and assume it is where you are too. I'm so sorry. DDD

Deni

We are in a small city and I don't know of any "on staff" social worker or counselor. We moved here in May to get away from the city without going in the backwoods. Thank goodness we are only renting our home and have already started looking for another place to move to. I want out of this city so bad. I thought the smaller city and a new start would be good for difficult child and difficult child 1 because they were starting high school and wanted to give them a chance. difficult child really messed up his chance for starting over.

DDD

That's what I figured, Deni. Sorry. We moved from a metropolitan area to a small town three decades ago. The support systems of the big city don't exist around here either. Hugs. DDD

C.J.

You live in Texas and you cannot restrain your MINOR CHILD from inflicting harm to yourself or your property? Be sure your attorney hears that load of bull. My guess is the officer who arrested you has an ex-wife who dumped him when she finally wised up. This must be what he does for kicks.

I'm sure you have the documentation necessary to prove your innocence.

There was a night a few years ago that N* and I had just finished with an in home family counselling session (after she assaulted me and I had her arrested) that the counselor left, and five minutes later there was a knock on the door. I thought the counselor had forgotten something, and answered the door to find two cops there - who wanted to investigate ME for child abuse. I laughed in their faces. I laughed for some time. One came in, we talked. Then he called for N*. I went outside to wait with the other officer who had been to my home for some other occasion - N* runaway, N* shoplifting, something.... Officer number 1 came out, told me he was sorry he wasted my time. I told him to thank N*'s sperm donor for the laugh, because I needed it.

I'm sorry my scenario is not what happened for you the other night. Sounds like your plan to leave this one horse town is a good one.

Praying for your strength and your heart.

CJ

Dara

Deni, I have no advice or words of wisdom to offer other than I am so sorry to hear about what has happened. I am sending you lots of hugs and well wishes.