Arrggg, incesssant talking, hyper, not liking this.

crazymama30

So Thursday I went into difficult child's counselling session with him. He hates to have me there, but given all the sleep issues he has been having? It was needed.

difficult child was off the wall goofy, very distractable, hyper, and just plain silly. I think some of what was said got through to him, but therapist had never seen him like that, and when we were done? She told difficult child I was a saint, and on the way out? Told me I had the patience of job.

Job's patience is wearing thin. difficult child has been talking NON STOP all day. I finally put my earbuds on and am listening to music to try to block him out. He has not been misbehaving, he just does not stop talking ever. And every other sentence is Mom, Loook!!! oK, I am done looking at the same thing for the fifth time!!!

He cannot stop moving or talking. I am hoping he is hypomanic or headed that way. It is hard to tell. His dad just got out of jail, so that is a change that has to affect him, and I think his dad was giving him a hard time about going out with his mentor today, dad is jelous as he wants to take difficult child to go to fun stuff but due to s2bx's stupid choices, he has no license and cannot. I am not sure what other **** s2bx brings up, but I am sure there is more.

There is also the fact that I am feeling more and more irritable, the more difficult child talks, the more irritable I get. Usually I get an hour or two of quiet time in the morning, and this morning? He woke up at the same time as I did. He has been in my ear ever since. I did get 3hrs of quiet when he was gone with his mentor, and man was that nice.

I sure hope it is just life stuff that is making him anxious. We started him on 15mg of buspar twice a day about 2 weeks ago, and somehow I did not get it put in the pill box for the last 3 or so days. I caught it last night and restarted it. I hope this is the problem. He is still not on an ap, and I would really like to keep it that way if we could, but I do realize we may not be able to. If he does not calm down and mellow some with the buspar? I am considering asking to try an SSRI, and yes, I do know what I am asking for. It could be disaster, or it could be the answer, or maybe there is not a medication that is the answer, maybe the answer is inside of difficult child. I dont' know. I just want him to be quiet for 15minutes.

buddy

I don't know what to say abt.causes or medications. And I'm sure you are best to sort thru that but I can relate to times when stress causes periods of nonstop talking. I have learned asking him to stop in any common manner simply does not register. I have to say to him to put his lips together and make them tight. LOL. Sometimes I offer some cool reward to go do x alone to give my ears a rest. If he is repeating things I remind him one time then all done. Sometimes he asks me for a specific response like "say that's funny then I'll be all done " then I realize he has the whole thing worked out in his head, even my part of the conversation ...very Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) ....and he keeps going until things are resolved to his perspective. So interesting at times but sooo exhausting. It takes a lot of effort to focus on what he is really trying to communicate underneath it all. Hopefully he can find some relief. I can imagine s2bx issues are huge. Wish there was a way for him to only see or communicate with difficult child with a professional in the room. So sorry for the added complications he brings to ur life. What he did when difficult child was in Residential Treatment Center (RTC) isn't enough to restrict him? I know nothing of those rules /laws.
Thinking of you. I do understand those ear wearing -brain tearing days.

B

Bunny

I know that when difficult child gets into those really silly periods it is when he is stressed about something, or, especially when he does it in the therapist's office, he's trying to avoid something and covers it up with silliness. It drives me crazy, too. I hope that today is a quieter day.

H

HaoZi

It could be his natural self beginning to shine through, too. Kiddo gets like this, so I know how wearing it can be. I just keep reminding myself how much better it is than the tantrums and whatnot, and ask her for time to myself to get things done, then set the timer for it, and I make sure I go see whatever it was afterwards (I swear if I watch one more Annoying Orange video I'll scream).

*hugs*

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
When difficult child is like this (and yes, she still has these periods), I know she's cycling manic. It IS difficult to take and like you I try to distract her or find a way to get peace. Fortunately, she doesn't live with me, lol, but for some reason when she's in this cycle, she seeks me out! I guess because I'm the mom and moms always listen?

Earplugs, wait for the bus par to kick in, patience. You have my sympathies. Hugs.

crazymama30

I don't think he was always talking to me, he was just talking. When I pity my ear buds on? He knew I could not hear him but he kept right on talking.

He has done the thing about no that's not what you are supposed to say, you are supposed to say x,y z. That is a great explanation buddy, makes a lot of sense.

The acting out at tdocs office could be to avoid topics, but it seems like it is pay of a pattern.

Part of it could be him relaxing and setting into being home.

I am making am appointment with a lawyer for a consult and am going to ask them about rrstricting phone calls and visitation. Right now? There is no visitation. it will be that way for awhile

buddy

Love that! (I watched that reality show with Joan Rivers and her daughter Melissa, when M was sick, Joan made her instant oatmeal in bed... she just dumped the pack in a bowl and added tap water... I think even Q can do better than raw oatmeal!)

Hope he makes you something tasty....smile

crazymama30

The problem is? He wants me to eat now, and I just crawled out of bed. I am not an eat first thing type of person.

We will see how the day goes. I think I will keep medications the same, and just watch him. I know later last night he asked me if his dad and and his room mate could come pick him up next weekend. I told him I had to think, but the more I think, the more the answer is no.

BusynMember

Has he started any new medications within the last month? Could be drug induced mania. Certain anti-depressants have done that to me. Any stimulants do too.

crazymama30

The only thing he has started buspar about 2 weeks ago. And when he did not take it? He was worse. He went 3 days without it. Yesterday was the 2nd day he had it back, and today so far? He is better. He started trazodone about a month ago, and he seems to fall asleep easier and stay asleep longer with that. He is on so many medications, and I wonder if it would be better to stop the trazodone and buspar and go to an ap, but that is really not what I want to do. His cholesterol is still borderline high from the abilify and seroquel. I hate to start an ap, becuase then? I have to become the diet police, and that may not do it. Then he could need something for cholesterol too. I hate to keep upping the medications, but really? I have decided when a kiddo is d/c'd from an Residential Treatment Center (RTC)? The medications are "almost" right, but have to fine tuned at home.