Arrrgh! I want to strangle him

TerryJ2

I'm kind of thinking that D doesn't really want him, but doesn't want anyone else to, either. So she's kind of keeping an eye on him. (Shrug)

He was better this a.m. when he got up. He's taking his medications.
Fingers crossed that he applies for the waiter job I found last night. I gave him directions.

Scent of Cedar *

I've got to stop torturing myself with this. It's just that I want

Can you learn to see it this way, Terry? The problem, the suffering, is not in the situation, it is in the "want". Can you learn, can you teach yourself how it would look and feel, if you told your son the right thing, the thing you actually want him to know and let go of it?

Child of Mine has a thread active now about her own process with this. It is a good one for us to read, I think.

You are doing everything anyone, even a mother, could do and more, Terry. It is your son who is choosing to go a wrong way.

Once our children are old enough to be out and away from our supervision, there is nothing more that we can do but to tell them the right things, the right way, the best solution.

But how they respond to us?

That is their business, and there is nothing we can do about what they will choose.

I am sorry.

I know how scary and frustrating this is. Try to steer away from self-condemnation. That weakens us.

We are here, and that will help you to be strong.

So that is one good thing, then.

:O)

Cedar

Scent of Cedar *

I personally didn't want to give him back the car until he had resolved the MdDonald's issue.

You were correct.

I am sorry you have to be the biatch.

It helps me to tell myself: "That's right. Biatch on wheels."

It helps me feel stronger when I feel very alone and all I really want to do is cry about that.

Cedar