Arrrrgggg

DammitJanet

CM...pain and depression go hand and hand. I get so blankin mad when people blame one on the other too. Personally, I cant really sleep when I am in really bad pain but I do want to lay in the bed because I do feel so bad. I wasnt trying to blame his sleepiness on his medications, mostly I was trying to give him an "out"...lol. Maybe I feel for him as a fellow pain/mood person. I think my empathy kicks in sometimes.

Something has got to be causing all this.

crazymama30

Dj, I was not meaning my comment at you or anyone here, but at other people, mainly at the stupid ER. I am glad your empathy kicks in for him, cause I try but sometimes mine just wears out.

I get frustrated, and cannot even imagine how husband feels.

Star*

call 911........call 911
You know what?? Home Depot AND Lowes both offer Saturday courses on birdhouse building, how to use saws, and all that "manly" (insert snicker) stuff. Honey if I can operate a Volvo dump truck with 5' tires, a back hoe, dig ditches, work on a pipe crew, drive a fuel truck, operate a front end loader....drop a transmission, do my own engine work.....

Shari can work on cars and trucks.....haul and bail hay, fix the roof on a camper, and her house, fix hooves....

ABBEY can drive the maniac van in the snow covered streets of nowhereville Wisconsin....

Timer can negotiate for her own new vehicle and do quite well on the deal....

GCV Mom can kill a rattlesnake with a shovel and lop off it's head

Toto can rescue tarantulas and move on a moments notice

Suz, can survive her sons life threatening accident, and coming grand.

Janet can live with.......a cheezeball hoggin' DILweed for a weekend and Cory for 18 years.

Flutter..... can maintain daily with her health....

Trinity can live through twins after 30.

Fran can withstand loosing a house to a hurricane.

STep can....just survive.

And all the other wonderful, brave, courageous women I have met here defeat danger every day???

YOU CAN BUILD A (SOMETHING) out of wood. AND BE VERY GOOD AT IT.

Now get down in that basement or out in that garage and become ONE WITH THE HAMMER. :tongue:

YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!

FIND YOUR INNER MAN!!!! :alien:

crazymama30

Oh Star, I am so in touch with my inner man.

I don't enjoy carpentry stuff, but more the point is that difficult child wants husband to do stuff with him, he craves it. difficult child just glows when he and husband do something together and things go wel.

Steely

Just wanted you to know I am thinking about you..............
Your husband sounds like my difficult child - sigh..............
I wish I knew what the cure/solution was.
What did psychiatrist say, or did I miss that?

Steely

Actually, I am sorry. I must have had major denial block there - that is not only like difficult child - but identical to dex. Good Grief.:faint: You POOR thing.

crazymama30

Steely, I think the only thing that keeps him from being a dex to me is the fact that he is trying, admits he is BiPolar (BP), and takes his medications. As hard as it is to deal with him sometimes, the fact that he is trying to get better and has told me that he is doing so for our family means more to me than anything. I asked him one time why he kept trying all these medications after all the horrible side effects he has had, told him I did not know if I could keep on like he does. He told me he does it for me and the kids, that while he was on abilify (cannot take anymore due to tardive dyskinesia) he liked how he was and that we all got along better. VERY true.

For now psychiatrist is lowering neurontin to 3 times a day, cutting out morning flexeril and morning oxycontin. Keeping adderall at 10mg every morning. psychiatrist thinks (from what I gathered) that the pain is primary at this time (could be). He tried to encourage husband to go easier on his weight lifting. husband curls 170lbs (yes, I got that right) psychiatrist nearly wanted to choke him. psychiatrist asked him if he could cut down to 15lbs. husband just stared at him. psychiatrist asked him to cut what he lifts in 2/3. husband stared at him. psychiatrist looked at me and asked if I thought he would do that. I laughed and said no. He shook his head and told husband he was a very stubborn man. WELL DUH!!!!!!!!

husband's pain doctor had wanted to put him on Savella or Cymbalta at his last visit, and I somehow declined that. I did ask psychiatrist about that today, and got the answer I hoped for. NO!

I walk a fine line when I go to husband's psychiatrist appointment's with him. I have to be very careful of what I say and how I say it as I don't want husband to 86 me. It almost happened today. psychiatrist asked husband what time he "gets up". Now to husband that means what time did you wake up. To me it means what time did you get out of bed. husband told him he was up by noon. Ha. Whatever. He is awake anywhere between noon and 2, and gets out of bed anywhere from 1 to 3. He told psychiatrist he goes to sleep after the news. Then why do I wake up at 1, 2 and 3am and he is awake? I mentioned one time last week when he was up at 1am (he e-mailed me a joke---duh, it is time stamped) and husband raised his voice and snapped at me and got very defensive. I just dropped it. husband did admit that "it" is better, but not where he wants "it". I think "it" is his mood.

I can see some cycling, even today. When I got home from picking up difficult child from school (who got in trouble and had to skip wrestling practice) husband was so wound up and hyper. Would not stop pacing, talking a mile a minute. Really started to set me off, so off to the clonazepam bottle I went (yes, it is prescribed to me). He calmed down about 2hrs later, but it really triggers some PTSD type stuff in me when he gets like that.

I am going to research Lyrica (have heard it is good with pain) and see if it might be an option for husband. His pain has to be controlled to control his mood and vice versa. It is all just so intertwined.

husband can be a lot of fun too. We stayed up till 10pm playing Wii baseball and tennis last night. Of course that set his pain off, but it was sure fun. Today he is watching everyone play Wii, I kicked hiney at the boxing. Almost made pro.