Arrrrrrgggghhh

Lothlorien

Here is what I just read on my neighbor's fb page.
I just want to congratulate <insert name of her son> for being nominated for an award today at graduation. It was an award that shows Great character, acts of kindness, and being an all around great person!!!! So proud of him! Congrats to him and all his friends for graduating the 5th grade
Really????? This kid torments that **** outa my son on the bus on a daily basis!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
:hugs:

Yup. I think I know this person... In triplicate... Shows how observant some people can be... i.e., bus drivers & aides...

InsaneCdn

ummm.... usually, bus drivers and aides have NO input into awards... and teachers don't consider what happens "outside of school". As if the "bus" were not associated with school...

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Yeah - except the kid better not tell another kid he doesn't like him on facebook if they attend the same school. Doesn't matter if it's in school then.

Lothlorien

Believe me, the bus driver is no princess either. I had words with her the other day. She copped a tude with me and I let her have it.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Oh that is BS. I wish there were a way for you to rectify this MAJOR error without looking like a weenie. I hate when stuff like that happens and it seems to happen ALL.THE.TIME.

Lothlorien

I'm actually putting him into the after care program next year, just to avoid the issues on the going-home bus. He has no issues with the kids there, it's only the neighbors up the street. They all seem to sit together and gang up on him. The bus driver just takes their word for it and he gets yelled at.

JJJ

I haven't put a kid on a bus in years, except the short buses. Way too much chaos. Heck, Eeyore had issues on the short bus!

witzend

Oh, please, Loth. These are people who celebrate "graduating 5th grade" for crying out loud! That in itself tells me a lot!

Lothlorien

Oh, please, Loth. These are people who celebrate "graduating 5th grade" for crying out loud! That in itself tells me a lot!
Thanks for the laugh!

Yes, these are the same people who also shout out their kids names during the chorus concert after explicitly being told not to in the beginning of the concert by the principle. They whistle really loud during productions. Yep, they are obnoxious. I don't expect much outta their kids either.

keista

First, getting nominated does not mean winning.
Second, I'm with Witzend on the need to celebrate this "graduation"

Third. If the bus driver does not sufficiently control the situation, take it to the principal. School control of behavior generally extends to the buses. Around here they even claim control over behavior at designated bus stops.

I only give bus drivers one shot at correcting a situation.

buddy

For all the issues on our Special Education buses, at least there is something that always got corrected....I can't imagine for a second Q on a general bus...the high school boys told me last year that the bus driver was more out of control than the kids...and this was from multiple sources....it would never work.

Maybe it was a pity award?? (positive attention trying to help him behave better??) Q got a student of the week nomination certificate (he thought it was THE award, lol) and I know they were trying to make a point of reinforcing his progress.

Can you block this person, that would bug the heck out of me.

DammitJanet

I was going to say...who celebrates 5th grade? I thought it was strange when they celebrated kindergarten and 6th grade down here until I realized that the dropout rate was so high...lol. For Cory the only graduation picture I have is for Kindergarten because he was in wilderness for 6th grade and they had no graduation there.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Yup. Have to agree with the graduating the 5th grade deal. Seriously? Who cares?

Nominated for this award or is it a made up nomination, as in Mom is putting on airs and just saying her kid was? Yes, sadly, I know many parents who make stuff like that up about their kids all the time, they even manage to somehow get the kids to believe it. I'd be doubtful teachers are that oblivious to his behavior to give him such an award, unless it was used as a motivation to treat kids better in the future.

ugh

((hugs))