Art Imitates Life ... and my difficult child

Star*

call 911........call 911
Okay - Im going to loan you my best Artistic trick -

Paint - whatever.......like you are NOT getting paid for it.

When people see my stuff and freak out and start "dictating" what I'm going to DO FOR THEM? I loose ALL interest. But if someone said "I sure would like to have a picture of my cat done like that?"

I can whip it out in no time and it's beautiful.......If they pay me after? Fine....if not? Fine. But the work I do speaks volumes when I'm doing it because I WANT TO....not because it's "a Job"

Hugs

Steely

Wow, I came into this late..........but your original message deeply moved me.

I believe, truly, that these kids are gifts from god, difficult children, and that they were given to us, in order that we may change the world through our experiences with them.

You are doing that.

I truly believe someday I will finish my book and enlighten the world about mental illness.............all because of difficult child.

And I truly believe you will do the same.

You will live out your dreams, and goals - but it takes time, to go through all these life experiences, before we can really have the wisdom to write or draw them in a way that is impactful.

susiestar

Roll With It
First off, there is nothing wrong with commercial art. I have looked at quite a bit of your art over the years and iti s greaat.

Second, you chose to parent your difficult child. To do what is needed for him. I find that far more beautiful than any piece of art ever created, esp witth a difficult child.

Hugs.

TerryJ2

Ohhhh, thank you all so much. You don't know how much that helps and how much I needed to hear that ... and believe it.

meowbunny

One thing about true talent is that it improves through life experiences. A good artist matues and that maturity shows in the work. When the time is right, you'll go back to your art and, with your talent, I wouldn't be surprised if you became a major talent. The watercolor is gorgeous.

As to commercial art, it is what makes a house a home. Not everyone can afford a major painting but some beautiful tiles, a piece or two bought at a street fair, even a poster that has just the right colors can bring so much joy and beauty to a home. Girl, don't knock your commercial stuff. It can mean so much to someone who owns it.

And for those of you who can draw: :p~~~~~~~~~~ (I can't draw a straight line with a ruler!)