art information please

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
As husband and I do the bathroom it is going to have a peter pan theme. I have several things to decorate it. I have a slab door that we are going to paint white. However I want the gator painted on the inside. (you know to keep captain hook out of the bathroom when I am in there). I don't know where to look to find someone to do it. Any ideas. I am normally pretty stingy with money but this is something I really want so am willing to pay a decent amount for it. It is like a present to myself. And for once I don't intend to scrimp. Which means I want it good. I don't have the skills to do it (straight lines with a ruler are difficult for me).

Where oh where do I find someone that would be willing?

Beth

goldenguru

Contact a local college art department and see if there are any college students who are doing an art major.

Call the local interior decorating businesses to see if they could give you a referral.

Even a Lowe's or Home Depot may have the names of some local artistic painters.

Good luck. It sounds adorable.

'Chelle

We have a university here with arts departments, I would try contact them and see if a student with the skills would be willing to do it, or call an actual art school. You could also contact interior decorators, graphic designers or commercial artists(in our yellow pages under 'Artists-commercial'). If they don't do that, they may know who does professionally. They may be a little more expensive, but they also have a reputation to keep as a business so you should be able to be confident they'd do a good job. With a student you're never quite as sure of their experience & skill, but they are cheaper.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I had to look where you live. Too bad you're so far away. easy child has a friend who does the most awesome murals you've ever seen. He did a whole room as a football stadium with the Bengals playing for a local dr. Boggles your mind to look at it.

He's going to do a mural for Darrin once easy child decides what she wants it to be.

I'd also check with the local college art dept. But I'd make sure they've done it before AND you can see examples of their work before hiring them.

Good for you for doing something extra special for yourself! :smile: And Peter Pan for the theme..... cool. Mine is rubber duckies. :smile:

You might try a google search for artist/murals/ in your area and see what pops up.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Beth,

I think my girlfriends company can do that for you. They do lifesize murals/stickers of pictures. If you want me to ask I will.

I did find this
http://www.partystandups.com - I just glanced briefly at what they did.

Maybe this will help.

susiestar

Roll With It
I was going to suggest Terry, I have seen her art and it truly is FABULOUS!!

Local college art or graphic arts dept is the best (and a student will be the cheapest)

Sounds AWESOME!!

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Star you are essentially wearing the picture I want on my door. Ok well maybe not wearing but it is your avatar. I love that picture of him.

Beth

Marcie Mac

Just Plain Ole Tired
Do a google search on Tatouage - they seem to have a zillion sites for this and I have seen things for Disney.

I came across a Tatouage booth at the county fair. Next project is my bathroom and have plans to do some on the walls.

Marcie

Star*

call 911........call 911
-Yeah I did that just for you - I'm going back to the starfish, haha.

I'm serious about asking the print place my friend owns to do this for you. Let me know. I'll get you a price.

I love that croc.

I too was going to suggest Terry, as I saw her work, and it is breathtaking. It is too bad she lives so far!

Hopefully Starbie can get something going for you!

Star*

call 911........call 911
My Mother put ivy vines of Tatouage in her toilet bowl four years ago and they are STILL there - it's really neat. Now to find one in a bullseye for the office potty.