As for ktbug....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
she's more stable. Given that, on Monday psychiatrist is performing yet another psychiatric assessment with possible neuropysch being ordered.

All on kt's mental health team (except therapist) agree that kt needs a "tune up", likely 3 months in the closest Residential Treatment Center (RTC). kt is already, in her 6 year old voice & demeanor, refusing any inpatient treatment.
:nonono:

The argument is that kt is so close to 18 we need one last attempt to get her back on track ~ mentally & emotionally. While her stability is better it's not where we were a year ago, even 6 months ago. It's so scary to see the regression.

If/when a bed opens the battle begins. I personally can't wait - NOT!:slap:

susiestar

Roll With It
((((((((((hugs))))))))))

I hope that she can accept the help she needs. Take care of yourself, if you are not coping well you cannot help her cope. I am so sorry that things are so bad. I hope that the guy from the park is being charged with heavy felonies and that the girl who tried to abuse kt a second time is also facing real legal trouble - and will stay far far away forever.

flutterby

Fly away!
15 minutes at a time. :) I've been practicing that a lot lately. Will send good thoughts that a bed opens and kt is willing.

JJJ

Maybe the stars will align and when the bed opens, a flash of reasonable-kt will appear and agree to the Residential Treatment Center (RTC).

gcvmom

Here we go again!
During her more stable moments, have you ever had her sign a directive that gives you access to her medical info and the power to make decisions for her? Someone here suggested that, and I'm planning to do that soon so that if there ever comes a time when my difficult child's are over 18 and in a tailspin, I can step in and do what's necessary to help get them what they need.

Wiped Out

Staff member
Oh Linda,
I hope a bed opens soon and that she will accept the treatment. It is so scary to me that a 17 year old can decide for herself. Hugs.