As my world turns, part 981

Steely

So, again, thanks to all of you who encouraged me to go to Oregon despite my Mom's resistance. As I said in my last post she called me almost in tears last night, which is unheard of for her, asking for my help. I leave tomorrow. My Dad cannot talk, and can barely move. I am not sure why she did not tell me sooner - but it happened fast - so it is what it is. I know I am going to walk into something that will break my heart, I know - but my goal is to help my Mom, period. As Marg said, make her dinner so she can be with my Dad, talk about remember whens, etc.

I found a place for Tesla that I feel pretty good about. They have all the dogs play outside all day in packs (obviously they do not take dog aggressive dogs). They have outdoor toys and pools and stuff. And then at night they sleep in their kennel. Still I am so sad to leave her for so long, she is just a baby.

Matt on the other hand is a mess. I mean, he just is. However, today a very interesting typical NonVerbal Learning Disorder (NVLD) moment seemed to bring to light some of his outbursts. I was at his house today, and he was just over the top angry at the world. We just sat together, and I listened. Then there was a lot of silence. Finally he said, "Mom I have to ask you something but I am really, really embarrassed." He stopped and wouldn't talk, and then after encouragement he proceeded to tell me how he has been having bowel issues for 2 weeks. I think it boils down to some constipation and IBS - but he was absolutely trembling with fear and embarrassment. He was white as a sheet and he started to cry - he thought he was dying. I just gave him a huge hug and we sat together, and I told him how all of this type of thing was normal, and he hugged me back.

I can assure you his angst this week, just like when he was a kid, was because he thought he was dying. He just does not process things logically at all. And then you throw in that I will be gone 3 weeks to attend to his dying grandpa - again not something he can "talk about or express" - and you have a time bomb. I just wonder when on earth things will start to click for him. He really does not integrate information well at all.

I am a little worried about him. He looked so pale, and ill-ish, and now I am leaving. I left him a cc with a small amount on it, in case he had to go to the Dr while I am gone. I am not positive what is wrong with his stomach, but this runs in our family. My sister had Chrons, and went through hell and back with stomach problems. They both have the same food allergies and food issues, so it is a little worrisome.

Good grief - so that is it I guess. I got home to Tesla tearing her dog bed into a million shreds that I need to go pick up out of the carpet, and my neighbors complaining once again that my yard did not look good enough for them!!! What is wrong with it? There is sand in the driveway. Um, duh, I live in the desert!! And whose business is it of theirs anyway?

I leave at 9am tomorrow to drive to Utah to drop Tesla off and then drive to Vegas to catch a flight at 4. I am already tired.............but I do get to stop in Utah and say hi to a "guy friend" that I really like - we have been going hiking every week - so there is my silver lining:)

H

HaoZi

My prayers go with you, Steely.

(On a side note, neighbors like that would make me want to make the entire yard into a rock or cactus garden - whichever would annoy them more.)

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Saying prayers Steely.

As for the meddling neighbors who believe your yard is their business..........tell them if it bothers them so much then they can tend to it themselves or shut up.

(((hugs)))

nvts

We're there in spirit Steely! God bless all of you - lots of prayers and gentle hugs for you hon!

Beth

Star*

call 911........call 911
You live in the dessert - and you have sand in the driveway - and this is a problem huh? (giggles) - Just sasshay over to your neighbors and tell them that while you are gone - a friend of yours is having her motorcycle gang -----er club watch your house for you and once all their hogs ----er Harleys ride up in the drive - they won't be able to see.that.bad.nasty.sand. But if they do? They can take it up with her husband - "Butcher" or his buddy - "Slaughter" or his wife - "Slither" - she's the one with the full body snake tattoo. - Sheesch. (giggles again)

Have a safe trip. Hugs

Marguerite

Where we live, it's sand dunes. Sand blows in everywhere. I have a bag-saver on my vacuum cleaner and it is always full of sand every time. Sometimes we just have to put up with what IS.

As for Matt's bowel problems - I'm betting stress is a major factor. A Catch 22 - he feels upset, IBS flares up, making him more upset, symptoms worsen...

Hang in there. Safe travels.

Marg

DammitJanet

Im glad you are going. Be safe. Give your dad a hug from me ok and tell him to say Hi to my dad from me when he sees him. He is one of the Marines guarding the pearly gates.

Jena

glad your going, try not to worry about Matt he does have to learn to cope on his own it's part of it too. i'm glad your getting to see the friend before you leave for such a rough trip.

sending hugs your way, have a safe flight be careful let us know how it's going

tawnya

You'll be fine Steely.

Matt and Tesla will be fine, too.

Give your dad (and mom) a hug from all of us.

We are all thinking of you.

It makes it better knowing the Harley Club will be at your house while you are gone.