as the stomach turns....

Jena

part III the sequel....update on our dysfunctional little existance here in new york!

I wanted to jump in and say hi to everyone! It's going to take a while to do catch up yet i had a few minutes tonight, difficult child is finishing up art project for school next to me and i wanted to say hi.

I hope everyon'es well and difficult child's are umm managable. :)

My difficult child is still going through alot of school refusal, i came up with-a few techniques to handle it in a.m. and get her going and out without physically dragging her or trying to. She's also experiencing some anxiety in school visiting nurse again, etc.

Me, i need a hair cut i'm still sick and i'm not looking so good lol. easy child well what can I say that is easy child. I've learned some stuff and i've been bringing it home to use on easy child. Needless to say she isnt' too happy lol oh well.

difficult child and I have been spending alot of time together. Every night it's all about her and easy child and me for the most part because i'm gone all day and a few nights i've gotten i late around 7. Yet i'm finding time to pass by inbetween appointments which is cool. I'm still trying to get a handle on my schedule.

I still love the job more than Ive ever loved any job ever. I wake up and do not dread my day. I've never experienced that ever. I"m meeting amazing ppl, interesting ppl, challenging ppl and kids. Everyday is another adventure. Tomorrow I go for suicide prevention, how to talk someone down when their let's just say about to ya know. I have to say i'm utilizing every trauma i've ever experienced in my life for this job lol and it's working well. I have yet to walk into a home where i cannot understand what it is their going thru or what it is their experiencing. Pretty funny huh...?

Anyway, difficult child loves her sitter. i'Tourette's Syndrome turned into being a good time for difficult child she handles her incredibly well. She's a Special Education aide so she's really experienced in dealing. so they do hw play games, really spend time difficult child's getting attention and i think it's helping with me not being here.

ok so that's that. difficult child goes with-dad sat. a.m. and i'm getting my hair cut yea for the first time in 8 mos. yea me, and my eyebrows done. yes no utube videos thsi time. I got my first check today it was so exciting.

I hope everyone's well. I miss everyone here!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Wow. Sounds like everything is working out well. :D Glad you love your job!! Makes a huge difference, doesn't it?? Sounds like you also found the perfect sitter for difficult child.

Hope things keep going well. Don't worry about catch up.....I don't think you ever really can. lol ;)

Hugs

Jena

Hi!! How are you doing?? Oh, by the way did i mention how boyfriend's daughter the 13 year old with anger issues and anxiety may be coming to live with us?? LOL. i say that because it's just funny.

Andy

I am so glad the sitter is working out well. What a blessing to have found her.

I am also very happy for your job. It certainly makes life brighter to find a job you like. I have always loved whatever job I had (even running the dishwasher at a supper club with my boss being a total jerk - my mom worked as a cook there and we walked out on them the beginning of our shift leaving them without a cook or dishwasher for the day after too much employee abuse. No employee should ever be treated as dirt. A great lesson for a 16 year old as mom leads you out of that position. To have mom say, "No one treats you like that. We are leaving now.").

Only a couple days to that haircut!:)

Jena

it does make life more tolerable in the end. i've never known that, not that i hated other positions yet i never felt like i was doing anyone any good i was just making money for some guy sitting in some great big office somewhere that didn't even know i existed. lol

that is a great lesson to have learned at such a young age. your mom's a smart woman.

the boyfriend's daugther moving in doesn't please me a whole lot. i'm more than willing and will do my best. yet she's got alot going on and it may just trigger difficult child, we shall see. the child needs therapy, she hasnt' been to therapy since her parents split and mom came out of closet so there's alot of anger there that's been seeping out. my plate runnith over with difficult child and easy child yet i'd never ever say no or turn my back. it'll just be one more challenge if it happens because i'll be the one with-her most of the time due to his work schedule.

M

ML

Glad to hear things are going well. I need a haircut too! Take care of yourself. xo ML

Jena

yes tmrw's haircut day. How's manster doing i have to go look on boards to see if you posted. difficult child goes away with dad tmrw morning so i will have sometime to play catch up at some point. my difficult child had bad anxiety tonight, not sure why kinda out of blue. she was sleepless last night and today she had anxiety attacks when with me a few times. hmmm

M

ML

I'm sorry difficult child didn't sleep, doesn't that always exaserbate the anxiety? Manster is ok for the moment. He's reading! I mean he's picking up a book without being told. The book is called "Diary of a Whimpy Kid". I've missed you.

Andy

A quick hi-jack of the thread - ML, my difficult child absolutely loves the Wimpy Kids books. He hates reading but will read those. #3 was released to book stores on Monday (we accidently stumbled upon it and difficult child asked if I would get it for him.)

O.k. back to the thread - Jen, is this difficult child's first weekend with dad since you have returned to work? She may need to stay home or shorten stays with dad for several weekends as she adjusts to your work. She is missing you dearly and may be looking at this like more time away from you?

klmno

Hi, Jennifer- sorry I'm late to this. You and boyfriend may be the only chance his daughter has to get to a therapist, although I know your plate is already full. I'm glad you got this job- you needed it (for you, not neccessarily the money).

Andy & ML- I'm going to have to see if I can difficult child into those books- he hates to read a book.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Hey Jennifer - that was a great update. I'm so glad you're still loving the new job and having fun with it. It's so nice that you're not dreading your day!! I'm envious....lol.

What a relief that the babysitter is working out so well.

Jena

Manster is reading on his own with no prompts!! ML how cool is that? I read the other thread about the food, but hey the reading helps balance the frustration i bet lol.

Klmno - yea i know, it's insane. I planted boyfriend about it and said tha'Tourette's Syndrome enough now. she's being very very verbal about the ideations she's currently having......... enough is enough already.

Andy - hi :) sorry i haven't goten back to you i'm so sorry i'm just trying to keep my head above water lol. no, difficult child needs her dad too. as demented as he can be at times, we've talked at length about the football sunday's he's putting her thru lol, not to mention the diet. so far so good. he does love her this i know. yet caring for her is not his specialty. no she wanted to go we have already shortened visits they used to be friday nights leaving now their sat. afternoons!! i'm heading out tonight she is gone till tmrw.

Jo - HI :) forgive me also i think i owe you a pm. its' the first time in my adult life i have not dreaded work i'm hoping it stays this way i'm only 3rd week in here's hoping lol. :)