At psychiatric unit

toughlovin

My difficult child called me today saying he did not feel safe with himself. This was not the manipulative I'm going to kill myself unless you.... This felt like a real cry for help!

Wasn't sure exactly what to do given where he was, but in the end we were able to take him with permission and we are now at a psychiatric hospital waiting to see if he will be admitted.

So think of us.... He seems really depressed precipitated by finding out his girlfriend got married in dec. she was supposed to visit him today but didn't show. I am furious with her!

TL

DDD

OMG, I am So sorry you are facing this trauma. I have not been there done that but I do know how "significant others" can mess with our difficult child's heads. I'm sending caring thoughts and prayers your way. DDD

lovemyson1

TL, so sorry to read of your difficulty today. I hope your son will be ok and get some help for his depression. He was probably holding on to the thought of his girlfriend coming to visit, how disappointing for him. Hang in there, my thoughts are with you..

Nancy

I'm sorry TL. As for the girlfriend didn't you know she was married? I can't blame her for not visiting but wonder why no one knew she was married

toughlovin

He's been admitted thank goodness... A long wait but he's there.

Nancy we did not know she had gotten married we thought she hadn't and to be honest I don't know what the truth is. What really bugs me is I texted with her a couple days ago and she said she would visit today. He's allowed visits once a week. So if she decided not to go I think she should have let me know or let him know. I think just not showing up put him over the edge.

He was in bad shape with some deep cuts that they bandaged. Clearly he has major depression issues that I really hope can be dealt with and he can get back on medications.

The good news is he called me and then talked to the case manager at the place he was at so he didn't jut go AWOL which I was not willing to do

Anyway a long night. Time for bed.

TL

pasajes4

WOW! What a thing to find out. She is married to someone and also girlfriend to your son? I think this person is unstable and it is better that she stays away.

BusynMember

I'm very relieved your son got into the hospital. It is so scary when they are sincerely suicidal and now he's safe.

As for girlfriend, if she is really married, maybe it's better she stay away from him. She sounds like super bad news and all she can do now is break his heart again and our difficult children can't handle that.

Keep us posted!

lovemysons

Well thank the Lord difficult child was admitted into psychiatric hospital. I sure hope he gets on the right medications soon.
You know with our kids ANYthing can't push them "over the edge".

Thinking of you and difficult child.
Love,
LMS

Ephchap

TL,

Sending lots of supportive hugs and good thoughts. We've been there done that with our son as well. Hang in there.

Deb

Nancy

I'm really sorry TL but glad he,was,admitted. It sounds like the girlfriend is a trigger for many of his relapses. I hope he gets some help with that. If she is married she needs to make a clean and final break with him so he can deal with it.

toughlovin

Thanks for all your thoughts... and yes Nancy I think the girlfriend is a big trigger and this was true of a past major relationship too.... not only of relapse but of feeling suicidal. His two overdoses happened over a girlfriend and both psychiatric hospitalizations. I really think to get better he needs to not be in a relationship because they are too volatile for him and he is too dependent on them for his own sense of self. Maybe that is a problem with being very good looking as a troubled guy because the girls all go for him and then want to rescue him which of course does not work.

It all kind of hit me today but I am very glad he is there, it is where he needs to be. I just hope they help him and then help get him into the right residential program.

TL

PatriotsGirl

She is married??? Wow. That is a rough one!! But yes, sounds like difficult child gets attached and maybe co-dependant in his relationships? The fact that he sought help is a great thing!! Hopefully he will now be ready to work on himself.

Take this time to breathe and relax... :)

Kathy813

Staff member
I'm glad that your difficult child is where he can get help. It certainly does sound like mental illness is a large part of your difficult child's problems. I hope they can get him on the right medications.

~Kathy

StressedM0mma

TL so glad that they admitted him. I hope he can get on the right medications soon, and will start the physical and emotional healing needed. I would have wanted to throttle the girlfriend also.