Autism screening for toddlers!!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21515865/

Pediatrician groups are recommending 2 screenings for children by the age of 2 for Autism... now while we all know this is likely not going to happen in most places... or at least happen by educated people! How cool is it that at least they are pushing for it?

I am sure they will still miss a lot of the higher functiong children and still mis-diagnosis some... but it's a start!!! :bravo:

SRL

It a HUGE leap from ten years ago where more than half of all parents reported that someone other than their pediatrician was instrumental in helping guide them in recognizing Autism.

I'm thrilled.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm just impressed pediatrician docs now know about autism.

Back when Travis was little I kept saying to them,"His behavior reminds me of an autistic child, yet not quite to that severity." And they'd look at me like I'd lost my mind. :slap:

Baby steps.

Lothlorien

I saw this, today, too. I think it's great. There have been many people that I've met over the years, who were in denial, even after docs brought it up as a possibitly. If pedi docs start doing this regularly, it may head some things off and get kids into early intervention. The earlier the better!