THE phone call I had been waiting for over 6 months now. The university hospital that specializes in Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) wants to see V next week. (I'm not sure if I can use the name of their program, it is different than ABA, but very respected and used in many countries). Now, I'm getting all nervous. It's kind of stupid: no matter what the results are, our lives won't really change. V will be the same he has always been. School is likely to be unaffected for now since things are goind pretty good. The teacher is doing all the accomodations he needs even though he has no IEP. I take the kids to the social group I helped put together (going tonight and so far a HUGE success for everyone involved ). But yet, I'm nervous. I try to breath but next week, at this time, I'll know for sure. If V is not on the spectrum, then we'll just have to keep doing what we do and live with the fact we might never know what is off with him. If he is on the spectrum, I know we'll have the support of this program in the future. V will be a client for life and they have LOTS of influence to help and make sure all community services are offered and used. husband is sure V will get the diagnosis. He tells me that the only reason V is not a bigger mess is that I've worked so much with him. I'm glad husband gives me so much credit, lol. But I don't feel this way. I feel beat, ready to give up. (whatever that means). Phew.... a few more days and it will be over! I'm glad we are going to the mountain the day following the evaluation. It will help all of us process the results and escape a bit.