Auto-correct strikes again

Discussion in 'The Watercooler' started by Shari, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

I recently got a "smart phone" instead of my 6 year old flip. To say the least, I think auto-correct hates me.

Last night, I entered a "to-do" into my calendar for today, and today, I went out to look at it and it says "flowers, checks, wiener".

Flowers - send flowers for the anniversary...
    Checks - stop at the bank and order more checks...
    Weiner - WTH is wiener? Wiener? I don't need hotdogs. I'm not have a weenie roast for lunch. I don't have a date with Anthony. WTH did I mean.

So....2 hours later, I figure it out.

WORMER. I need to pick up WORMER for the horses.... hates me.
  2. AnnieO

AnnieO Shooting from the Hip

Like the night I asked husband if he wanted me to start dinner - he had planned potato stroganoff.

He replied, "Yes, please. Brenda meat."
  3. KTMom91

KTMom91 Well-Known Member

Miss KT's auto correct zapped her good...we went to our favorite local Mexican restaurant without Hubby, and yes, I had a delicious margarita. Since Miss KT LOVES to push Hubby's buttons, she texted him...that Mom was dancing on tables and doing tequila sh*Tourette's Syndrome. Should have been shots.

4. donna723

donna723 Well-Known Member

Thank goodness you figured it out! For a minute there, I thought you were being spammed by that former congressman! If you get any pictures, DO NOT open them up!

5. AnnieO

You know, most phones do not have "s**t" in their T9 dictionaries... Mine doesn't. I keep having to add it. (I know, I know.)
  6. DammitJanet

DammitJanet Well-Known Member Staff Member

I must not have auto correct enabled because this stuff doesnt happen to me.
  7. AnnieO

...LOL... or you use a keypad to text?

I use T9word - with the numeric keypad - because it is much faster than the QWERTY. So it suggests words. For instand - if I type game, it's also hand... I have to change if and he a lot, or of and me.

My mother in law and BM have one different letter in their names.

And it's cleaned up my language... duck!
  8. HaoZi

HaoZi Guest

:rofl: Thank you, that made my day!
  9. TeDo

TeDo Guest

I like mine with the slide-out keyboard. I don't have these problems either. I think I'll stick with SIMPLE. LOL
  10. AnnieO

TeDo - I have a slide-out keyboard... But... I T9 better. I can't use the tiny letters when my thumbnails break.
  11. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member Staff Member

Haha thanks for the laugh. Yesterday I texted this to my easy child...Maybe but I've Bennett drumming all day and I'm ironing mow. I have no idea what I was trying to say, she didn't either.

12. Shari

Shari IsItFridayYet?

Glad to know I'm not alone!