B**Ch About the School Bus *%^$^&89!!! (Feel Free to Join in...)

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
So the blanketedly-blank bus has been skipping my kids stop in the morning...so I am already aggravated that I have been having to drive them after they wait out there for more than thirty minutes...

And NOW--I get a call from my son this afternoon. I need to pick him up from the housing development down the street because the substitute bus driver REFUSED to drive to our stop. (O wait, that's not quite true...she drove past our house at 40 MPH once...and when my son tried to say that's where I live...back there...she told him she couldn't go back and just let him off elsewhere.)

:mad::mad::mad:

ARRGGGHHH!!!

OK--let's hear your school bus stories...
I know you've got them.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Jett's old driver watched another kid punch Jett and refused to do anything about it. Told Jett he needed to stand up for himself. When Jett hit back he was kicked off the bus - three blocks and one VERY BUSY STREET away - and told not to ride again.

Bus aide turned the driver in, or I'd have NEVER believed it.

KTMom91

If you email transportation, cc the superintendent. I always got prompt action after the school/teachers/principal put me aside and I took it to the top.

susiestar

Roll With It
Oh, I would tell transportation in the same email I sent to the Principal and the superintendent of Schools.

All through 1st grade older kids kept telling thank you to take his coat off, then they would play keep away with it. He lost 3 winter coats that year. The bus driver "never saw it" and would empty out the items left on the bus - into his CAR. Then when I would check lost and found at school they weren't there, they would also not be at the bus barn. But I took two of them off the bus driver's kid because they had thank you's name onthem. In one case it was embroidered into the collar in neon embroidery floss. The bus driver tried to tell me it was given to him or his son by thank you. Turned out it was the driver's older child who kept telling thank you he had to take his coat off or he would get punched in the mouth.

I learned this because Jess had a friend from the year before on the bus. Jess wasn't riding the bus because we were homeschooling her - dealing with-the epilepsy. The friend, T, is a major difficult child who adores Jess and I. Jess sat next to her in all of 5th grade and helped her understand things. (T's mom is an addict and T has some major problems.) I apparently am the ONLY parent who has let T spend the night more than once. T doesn't really sleep, so I would stay up and talk with her.

Well, T heard thank you was being bullied by the driver and his kid. T bullied them back and made SURE that they will leave thank you alone. Her brand of intimidation is pretty effective and we have had few problems since then.

If you get no results from your email, call the school board building and ask for the superintendent of schools. You will get his/her secretary - the person with the MOST power in the entire school district. Be NICE to her and ask for help. You will likely have NO more problems!!

Andy

When Diva was in 1st grade, a kid kept taking her hat away and playing keep away. I was so proud that she figured out the solution - once on the bus, she took off her hat and put it into her backpack. Problem solved - UNTIL the kids started putting gum in her hair.

Definition of school busses: Training ground for bullies and torture chambers for victims.

Doesn't help when the bus driver is impossible!

Diva had to ride the Kindergarten bus to daycare - on her first day, I drove to the day care to wait for the bus. The day care was closed that day but I wanted Diva to learn the bus. When the bus never showed up, I called the company. The bus driver had no idea where this stop was and had taken Diva into the country dropping off other kids hoping to come across the stop. When he did not and started back into town after the last stop, he asked HER to help him find the stop. She was 5 years old! She would have no idea how to get to day care from that direction!

Diva had to ride bus a few weeks in 1st grade because difficult child was a newborn (I was put on bed rest the 2nd week of her school) and husband is never able to take the kids to school or pick them up. As soon as I was able, I started driving Diva to school and back.

I have driven difficult child every year until this year. I figured he is now able to take care of himself for 10/15 minutes on the bus and will tell me if there is a problem. I did call the bus driver this winter over an incident. difficult child told me a week after it happened so there wasn't much we could do but watch for future incidents. difficult child's bus driver is very good to work with and will not tolerate any harrassments.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Well, I have spoken with a woman at the transportation dept who promised to look into this and get back to me....

So far, i haven't heard anything else. We'll see if DS makes it home OK today.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
At one point when I attended Catholic school, the elementary students sat in front, middle school in middle and high school in back. Our male bus driver went back one day and I am pretty sure he exposed himself (I was in middle school...)

And about a week later he was gone. THANK HEAVEN.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
At one point when I attended Catholic school, the elementary students sat in front, middle school in middle and high school in back. Our male bus driver went back one day and I am pretty sure he exposed himself (I was in middle school...)

And about a week later he was gone. THANK HEAVEN.

Ewwww!!!! Disgusting!