BabyJ Update - Long Overdue SORRY!

PonyGirl

Warrior Parent
Okay.....how to backtrack and tell you all the rest of the story?? First off, let me assure you, BabyJ is HOME and DOING WELL!!! Thanks for all the love and support and prayers and bead-rattling and good thoughts and encouragement and everything else along the way! :jumphappy::kisses:
Approximately 1 week before they were due to be released, difficult child had to report to Jail, to sit 120 days for his 3rd DUI. He remains in County Lock-Up today. It's actually been sort of a nice break for daughter in law, time to clear her head and not have to put up with his nonsense.

daughter in law and BabyJ returned to WI, and moved into her folks' house. daughter in law & difficult child had decided to vacate their apartment, but of course difficult child had done nothing in the way of packing things up or cleaning things out. daughter in law was able to get that accomplished on her own, while BabyJ stayed at her folks' house.

daughter in law then went about looking for a new place to live, and she hit the jackpot a few weeks ago finding a very cute little 2-BR HOUSE!! Big beautiful kitchen, all new appliances, hardwood laminate floors, really nice corner lot with beautiful yard, and even a ground-level deck outside the front door! It's soooooooooo much nicer than the old broken-down 2nd floor apartment they were in!! I am So Happy for her!!

I got to spend an afternoon there with BabyJ while we worked on moving stuff in. J is still bald, however, he's growing hair like you wouldn't believe on every other part of his body! He's so dang cute, looks like a lil monkey :tongue: He is in great spirits, as always, and very busy. He continues with weekly blood counts, and so far everything is looking really good. Praise God!!

He will return to UMH for his 6-month checkup in mid-November. At that point, he should be able to stop the anti-rejection medications and then begin to return to his 'normal' appearance. He is already much less bloated and his color is a lot less yellow. He is eating and playing and sleeping like his old self, and we are all so pleased. :its_all_good:
I am still unsure what the future holds for difficult child. He says he's 'ready to quit being such a screw-up' but I've heard that so many times before it mostly falls on deaf ears. daughter in law will most likely give him another chance, and I pray they can make it work. I really pray that daughter in law won't continue to put up with his ****, if he messes up again I hope she throws him out! (Is that terrible? Am I a terrible mom?) :cutie_pie:
So, we go forward, as always...Hoping for the Best, preparing for the worst...

Thanks again for all the support this spring & summer. Words can't say how much it helps me to know you are all still here for me, cheering for me, praying with me, keeping all good thoughts.

Peace

CrazyinVA

Staff member
What wonderful news! Thanks so much for updating us. I truly hope that jail is the catalyst difficult child needs to turn things around.. but I do understand the "heard it all before" feelings.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Fantastic news!!!:D So thrilled to hear baby J is doing so well!!

Honestly? I don't think it makes you a bad Mom because you're realistic about your kid's behavior. Quite the opposite actually. Parenting is a tough job.......and difficult child needs to get his act together. If daughter in law continues to let him come back......well, he may never change and make her miserable in the process.

I hope he's finally ready to change and be the daddy that baby J needs him to be and the husband daughter in law needs him to be.

Hugs

DammitJanet

Great news about Baby J! The house sounds adorable. As far as difficult child, well, what can ya do? I hope he comes to his senses before he loses the best thing in his life.

katya02

Solace
Great news re BabyJ! And it's great that daughter in law found such a nice place. I don't think you're a bad mom re difficult child, just realistic. If he continues his 'ways'
and daughter in law continues to take him back, things aren't likely to change.

mstang67chic

Going Green
Awesome!!!! I got a newsletter email from the marrow donation program the other day and was thinking about him. Glad to hear he's doing so well! And how cool for daughter in law to find that house! I'm assuming that it's something she can afford on her own since difficult child is in jail at the moment. That's good for her in case the second chance doesn't happen.

AS for you being a "mean" mom? Snort. Parents of strictly easy child's think I'm being mean when I say that I knew years ago that I'd be visiting difficult child in jail. It's not mean....it's knowing your kid.

Hugs!

A

aWillowBreeze

Great News PonyGirl ! I also understand the "heard it all before" and the hardest part is knowing your childs history of behavior and not knowing if they have learned enough to NOT make it their future. ((hugs))