babysteps for easy child

Wiped Out

Staff member
Last I posted easy child was really not doing well (I think a little over a month ago). She seemed extremely depressed and was always yelling and screaming. Her grades first quarter were awful-she just didn't try (yet again). She had also made the cheerleading squad.

She has not made a huge turnaround but things are better in some respects. She still goes in and out of her moodiness and is still very lazy (and I do mean lazier than most other teens). Still really picking on difficult child.

The things for the better is right now she is getting over her anger faster which is nice to see because this is a girl who can carry a grudge.

Along with that her and I are getting along better. She actually gives me hugs from time to time (this from the girl who never wants hugs) and she sits down to just have a normal conversation from time to time.

We have even set up a time to bake cookies together for Christmas.

The reason I finally decided to post was tonight she was eating dinner and started talking about her future and how she wants to live by the ocean so when she has a daughter she can take her there and when I come to visit I can go along. She also says she wants us to have cameras set up to our phones so she can call me each night to let me know how her day went and I can see her and her kids and husband. This is truly incredible because she is not the type who I ever thought would want to talk to me on a daily basis-I about fell off my chair but didn't let her know it!

Certainly am hoping I'm not jinxing things by posting this!

tiredmommy

That's so sweet about the phone camera!!! Of course, Duckie thinks she and her family will be living with us....