Back at the psychiatric hospital

Wiped Out

Staff member
difficult child went back in the psychiatric hospital tonight. I called psychiatrist first thing this morning. Surprisingly I hadn't heard back all day and when I had walked in the house and was getting ready to go to the health club the phone rang. It was the psychiatric hospital saying psychiatrist wanted him hospitalized. At the end of the afternoon psychiatrist's nurse tried to call to let me know psychiatrist's plans but I had forgotten to take my cell off of vibrate and missed the call.

difficult child was upset and didn't want to go but at the same time he was saying he wasn't going he asked if he could bring his hat. When I left I got an "I love you" and a hug.

Feeling a bit down, yet a bit relieved at the same time. He has just been way too unsafe to be at home or at school.

I truly am praying this hospitalization helps more than the past one.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Maybe this time they will not just slap a bandaid on him and send him back home after a few days! I think it's good that he did not truly fight you over going -- protest is one thing, but he seems to have accepted the situation. That to me is a good sign.

Hang in there, Sharon. I'm hopeful they get it much closer to right for him than they did last time!

susiestar

Roll With It
I hope this time helps more than the last one also. I am glad psychiatrist realized the danger he posed to the family, and I hope the psychiatric hospital can really address the problem this time. Please use this as a time to try to recharge for the entire family.

Many gentle hugs for the whole family.

slsh

member since 1999
Sharon - I'm so sorry. You guys must be drained. I hope psychiatrist and hospital staff are able to get him stabilized. Hugs to you.

N

Nomad

I'm so sorry. It seems to me that you all went through this so very recently.
It was recent for us and I'm still a bit drained.
Must be really tough going back; but on the positive side, it sounds like he is not putting up too much resistance.
You know the drill...be extra good to yourself. (hugs).

Fran

Former desparate mom
Hugs. Being at a crossroads is excruciating. Seems we are always hoping but part of us gets so sad how life turned out.
Even having a difficult child at 25, I find some stark truths too sad to process. Rest up.